Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana el museo
Don Fernando 02:09 AM 08-01-2010
These La Flor Dominicana El Museo cigars are a made by Litto Gomez with help from the famous artist Ruben Toledo and his wife and fashion designer Isobel Toledo. The reason for them to create this cigar was to raise money for the only Latin museum in New York, El museo del barrio. 2000 numbered boxes were made, and 10 of them made it to The Netherlands. These churchill sized (6¾x52) cigars are a Domincan puro, with a binder and filler that is grown on the La Flor de Palma farm. In The Netherlands these limited edition cigars have a price tag of € 23.00 each.

First thing that stands out is the band, designed by Ruben Toledo, art with a latin touch. The cigar has a nice shiny and oily wrapper with just a few veins. The construction feels good and I got a good predraw with a quite strong raisin flavor. The cigar has a strong wood smell.

I taste wood, mild sweet and after an inch the flavor turns go wood with a sweet chocolate. The sweet chocolate slowly disappears but the wood remains. This cigar is very one dimensional. The taste is nice, but I expect more from a € 23.00 cigar. After two thirds I taste a herbal flavor.

The smoke time of this cigar is two hours and twenty minutes. I got a lot of smoke and a great draw. The burn was very good too. The white ash has some black spots and it's firm but frayed. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Not for this price. It is a nice cigar and I love the cause of this cigar, but it doesn't deliver what you expect from a price tag like this.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:40 AM 08-01-2010
Thanks for the review!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:08 PM 08-01-2010
Another fine review Ferdie!!
[Reply]
rostamizadeh 07:14 PM 08-01-2010
Nice review! I really enjoyed smoking an El Museo. I found it had a lot of flavor, and its construction quality was perfect. I agree that for $23 it's a bit high for what you get...but hey, you're supporting a good cause with your purchase. It's like a donation, but a donation you get to enjoy giving for over two hours. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:35 PM 08-01-2010
Great review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
G G 08:40 PM 08-01-2010
:-)
[Reply]
Up