Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Black Tubos Cigar Review Video
kaelaria 08:45 AM 07-20-2010

This 6×52 torpedo stick comes packaged in an aluminum tube and cedar wrap. It offers a dark chocolate wrapper with a slight red hue, a satin texture with very slight tooth, tight seams, minimal veins and a slight barnyard aroma. After toasting the closed foot and adjusting the head cut, the draw was perfect, smoke output was great and the flavors were dominated by a medium-full bodied smooth, rich pepper and spice. The first third develops to a light and airy leather with a deeper earthy pepper and spice, though not as intense as the first light. Smoke output is good with smooth rich smoke. Burn is ok, needing a touchup. The draw gets a bit snug and I clipped the head one more time. 30 minutes in at the 1/2 way point flavors have mellowed to a smooth creamy medium bodied smoke with a slight sweetness, earthy oily finish and good bit of pepper & spice. It is requiring a slight touchup every 10 min or so to prevent tunneling. Ending at 1 hour, the last third continues the same experience since the 1/2 mark, ending with a bit of power punch. Video on the site.
[Reply]
Mad Max 12:18 PM 07-20-2010
Another fine review Bryan! I enjoy them all! I always wanted to try the Black & Red Tubos, I think I'll try to get some now.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 08:12 PM 07-23-2010
Great review they are getting better but not in the same ball park as the first CG
[Reply]
Up