Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo limited reserve maduro figurado
Don Fernando 03:40 AM 07-18-2010
When Rob from Taboo cigars released his first Limited Reserve I ordered the mega sampler and now, a couple of years later, I am finally in the process of smoking, tasting and reviewing this sampler. Today I chose to smoke the Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Figurado, a cigar is looking very tempting to me due to the shape and color, so I guess it's time to release the cigar from the cellophane coat and smoke it.

The dark wrapper has some changing in color, the upper part of the cigar is darker than the lower part. I also see a lot of veins. The cigar has a nice shape though and it feels well constructed. The predraw is fine and tastes like raisin. This 6½ x 54 cigar has a strong barnyard aroma

I taste some chocolate and earth. The chocolate becomes a bit more powerful and after an inch and a half the earth disappears. I taste a sticky chocolate and a straw with hay mixture. The flavors gain some strength, and the chocolate in the aftertaste is quite strong now.

Halfway the chocolate strength decreases a bit and I just taste the straw and hay. The cigar makes my mouth feel dry. At ⅔ the chocolate returns full force, stronger than before and I like it.

I enjoyed this cigar for a little over 90 minutes. There was a lot of smoke and a good draw. The dark ash is firm and the burn is good. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Maybe, I have to check the price of the stick first.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
shilala 07:08 AM 07-18-2010
Thanks, Don. I'm not sure if Rob is making these anymore? I haven't seen them mentioned in his emails for a long time. I may just not be looking close enough.
[Reply]
G G 07:25 AM 07-18-2010
Those aint bad.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:28 AM 07-18-2010
MMMMMMMMMM these are tasty!! :-) Nice reiew Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 03:07 PM 07-18-2010
Thanks for the great review and pics!:-)
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 03:44 PM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Thanks, Don. I'm not sure if Rob is making these anymore? I haven't seen them mentioned in his emails for a long time. I may just not be looking close enough.

We currently are working on new LR blends. We discontinued all of them. I made more than I originally planned. We will only sell the next LR's for about 6 months. I will let you guys know when we have them and I will put together a great deal on a sampler for all the inmates. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up