Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vista de Cuba (by Oliveros)
borndead1 08:48 AM 11-23-2009
While at the B&M the other day, I saw these, saw the "by Oliveros" on the band, and passed. But the B&M owner said they were "surprisingly good". And they were $2 a stick. So I bit.

Toro sized cigar with a Sumatra wrapper. Very well constructed and heavy in the hand. The cap was applied very well and pops right off when cut. Draw is perfect.

First few draws...tastes very similar to a 5 Vegas Classic. A bit of bite in the nostrils, earthy spicy flavor. Not bad so far.

About 1" in...honestly, not a bad smoke. Still similar to the 5 Vegas Classic. Perfect burn and draw. Not much change in the flavor so far. Earthy spice. Nice ash, very light gray.

About halfway...earthy spice flavor is still up front, with a subtle tanginess on the finish. Every few draws, I get a bit of a baking spice flavor too. The cigar is medium "strength". A little past halfway, the baking spice flavor is coming to the front. The tangy finish is intensifying.

Final 1/3...I am diggin’ this cigar. Subtle flavor changes. Cinnamon, creamy/buttery, with the baking spice still there. 0 burn corrections. Let it die at a little under 2".

The only Oliveros cigars I’ve ever tried were the Oliveros Classic, did not like them AT ALL. And reviews of pretty much all their other cigars are mixed. So I had basically written off the brand. But this cigar made me eat my words. Honestly, one of the best $2 cigars I’ve ever had.

:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:01 AM 11-23-2009
Thanks for the Review! Sounds like I need to try some!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:10 AM 11-23-2009
Interesting. If you havn't tried the King Havano by Oliveros, do so. It's really good. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 09:52 AM 11-23-2009
Great review!! THanks!! Now, I need to find a few for myself :-)
[Reply]
G G 10:10 AM 11-23-2009
Thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
roughrider 12:15 PM 11-23-2009
Thanks Mark.
[Reply]
sigsauer 03:56 AM 02-26-2015
http://www.phatash.com/garage-sale-c...eatured&page=3
[Reply]
Up