Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3111213
Health and Fitness>P90X Workout
Chainsaw13 04:48 PM 03-28-2012
Day 1 down, 89 to go. Whoever thought of the ab ripper routine is just plain evil.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:13 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Day 1 down, 89 to go. Whoever thought of the ab ripper routine is just plain evil.
:-) Way to go, Bob! Stick with it, man! A word of advice I've shared with a few people...there's going to be a day when you don't feel like it, or feel tired, or are trying to talk yourself out of working out... do the workout anyway. You'll feel tons better after the workout and proud that you did it. Few workouts will feel better when you're done. Best of luck, bro!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:04 AM 03-29-2012
Thanks Joel. I'll make every effort to do this program. It might take me longer than 90 days due to my work schedule having me out of town a lot. I am looking to transfer the discs to my IPad so I can take some of them on the road with me.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:47 AM 03-31-2012
Did day three yesterday. Liked it. I'm thinking I need to postpone starting this routine though. I thought my shoulder had healed from a previous strain from working out. I reaggravated it after the chest and back disc. Last nights arm and shoulder workout didn't help either. I'm not using huge weights now so going lighter might not do much for me.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 08:54 AM 03-31-2012
I think their needs to be an into section for each one of the workouts demonstrating proper technique etc. I don't know how many people would actually watch it, but it could be helpful instead of the "Hey everybody, we're going to bust our balls on Shoulders and Arms try to keep up while you do max reps of these with heavy weights! Just watch me for the next 4 seconds...and go!"
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:28 AM 04-01-2012
Did day three yesterday. Liked it. I'm thinking I need to postpone starting this routine though. I thought my shoulder had healed from a previous strain from working out. I reaggravated it after the chest and back disc. Last nights arm and shoulder workout didn't help either. I'm not using huge weights now so going lighter might not do much for me.
Lighter weights & bands (pull-ups) are definitely the way to go until you can get the movements down, and then even after. I could see big gains in definition & strength from sticking with light/mid-range weights through most of the routines. For example, I still have ligament issues at my elbow/biceps insertion, so the most I can wrestle with on 21s is 15-17#s because of the static move. Nothing wrong with lighter weights in these routines!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:53 AM 04-01-2012
I was using mostly 25-35# for the workouts. I'll drop down to 15-20 for the time being until the shoulder heals. I'm also icing it which is helping.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 06:57 PM 04-01-2012
Plyo was the one that actually did it for me. I've had problems with 2 discs in my lower back before, so I was predisposed to have problems, in addition to being too tough (stupid) to stop when things didn't feel right. That was in week 5 or 6 so it wasn't like I was trying to go all out right away.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:16 PM 04-01-2012
I just finished day 14. From all my years of heavy lifting and sports, I will say I feel great. I have 2 herniated discs, 3 screws in one shoulder, and need surgery on the other. I use bands and really light weights. When it comes to anything I shouldn't or can't do, I mimic the motion in a non-hurting way. Remember your doing this to be healthy not get hurt. Good luck!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:57 PM 04-01-2012
Thanks for the advice guys. After so many years of being out of shape, now that I'm in much better shape, it's almost become and obsession to get that look that I want. I just need to remember to listen to my body and go at the pace it wants. I'm not 20 anymore.
[Reply]
sofaman 05:29 AM 04-02-2012
Thanks for the advice guys. After so many years of being out of shape, now that I'm in much better shape, it's almost become and obsession to get that look that I want. I just need to remember to listen to my body and go at the pace it wants. I'm not 20 anymore.
I couldent have said it any better we have to listen to our bodies and not overtrain :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:50 PM 06-06-2012
Finished arms and shoulder workout. Nice to see the weight going up from the last workout. I haven't been able to keep up the schedule per the routine. Works made that difficult being on the road a lot. But I'm doing what I can and seeing results.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 08:46 PM 06-06-2012
Bob they do have an App for the smart phones. It works great for road trips. I am a week away from finishing my 90days. My results have been great. Good luck!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:53 PM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Bob they do have an App for the smart phones. It works great for road trips. I am a week away from finishing my 90days. My results have been great. Good luck!!!
Really? Cool. Gonna have to check it out.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 09:06 PM 06-06-2012
It's $5 and gives you every move and amount of time. Does not give you guided instruction.
[Reply]
jldude12345 03:32 PM 01-20-2013
I just started the program this past monday. I am going to do my best to stay with it for the full 90 days.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:01 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by jldude12345:
I just started the program this past monday. I am going to do my best to stay with it for the full 90 days.:-)
Best of luck, brother...Just keep pushing play!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3111213
Up