Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 129
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 03:32 PM 01-06-2009
Rain managed to hold off long enough for me to walk a mile around the neighborhood. One mile is better than nothing.
Steak stir-fry/wraps tonight for dinner.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:42 AM 01-07-2009
Yesterday:
Dinner - Grilled chicken breast, collard greens, black eyed peas, and steamed broccoli.

Today:

40 minutes on the treadmill

Breakfast- Bowl of All Bran
Snack - Will be a cheese stick
Lunch - Will be tossed salad with a can of tuna
Snack - Will be a handful of mixed nuts
Dinner - A little worried about this one - my son has a soccer game at 5:30 so I can't cook. May do a Subway sub.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:09 AM 01-07-2009
Day 4:
Woke up late so no oatmeal for me.
Breakfast: Turkey sandwich on light bread. 2pts
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on light bread. 2pts
Dinner: Taco Bell (something off of the Fresco menu)

Wednesday night is dinner w/ the parents and then church. Gotta queeze in some walking time today somewhere.

Gator, I love me some collards, but I can't eat them w/o cornbread.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:10 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Gator, I love me some collards, but I can't eat them w/o cornbread.
You are right brother... they are great that way. I even had the cornbread there!!! I was proud of myself.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:14 AM 01-07-2009
I had 2 eggs and some egg whites for breakfast.

Snack maybe a protein shake with water instead of milk

Lunch not sure, thinking a greek salad with chicken breast, or maybe some turkey breast and some carrots

dinner not sure, maybe same as lunch.

This is hard, and I KNOW i need to start working out again, but i haven't yet, can't will myself to do it yet ;/
[Reply]
Starscream 08:18 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Snack maybe a protein shake with water instead of milk
This is hard, and I KNOW i need to start working out again, but i haven't yet, can't will myself to do it yet ;/
Protein shake w/ water:-)
It is hard to start working out. Start off easy, just go walking for a week. Then up it to jogging or move to the gym. Just getting your heart rate up and sweat some does wonders.
Tae-bo isn't the manliest workout, but it is great for working up both a sweat and your heartrate.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:34 AM 01-07-2009
Protein shake w/ water:-)
It is hard to start working out. Start off easy, just go walking for a week. Then up it to jogging or move to the gym. Just getting your heart rate up and sweat some does wonders.
Tae-bo isn't the manliest workout, but it is great for working up both a sweat and your heartrate.
The protein shake is chocolate flavored, whey protein, its tasty :-)

I wish i could go for a walk man, i do that in the spring/summer, but its -40c here and too cold. I have a workout room in my condo, weights and treadmills and such. I just have a hard time motivating myself to do it, it's just so much easier to sit on the couch and watch tv after work, or troll the forums.

Tae-bo? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:55 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Tae-bo? :-)
It gets the job done. I lost 30+ lbs two yrs ago on WW and Tae-bo. Good fat burner and cardio.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:25 PM 01-07-2009
Day 4:
Woke up late so no oatmeal for me.
Breakfast: Turkey sandwich on light bread. 2pts
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on light bread. 2pts
Dinner: Taco Bell (something off of the Fresco menu)

Wednesday night is dinner w/ the parents and then church. Gotta queeze in some walking time today somewhere.
Taco Bell: 4 Fresco crunchy tacos. 12pts.

Still have points to go, but don't wanna eat this late at night.
[Reply]
jquirit 11:17 PM 01-07-2009
Today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 3 eggs (2 whites, 1 whole)
Lunch: Beef pho (sorry, couldn't resist with the crappy weather)
Snack: 2 scoops whey protein for pre-workout shake with water
Post-workout: Another 2 scoops of whey protein + creatine with water
Dinner: Ham wrap

Workout consisted of 35 minutes on the elliptical, followed by:

4x8 lunges
4x10 dumbbell squats
4x6 standing leg curls
4x10 standing calf raises

Most of this stuff is all improvised since I'm using the work gym that has a limited selection of machines and dumbbells only up to 30 lbs. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the workout. Lunges really did a number on my legs, made it interesting walking up/down the stairs in my house!

One site that I started using a long time ago but rarely update (since it is kinda narrow) is traineo.com. They have a nice tool for you to record body weight, calories spent exercising, recording how you feel you did with your diet (by recording the calories you ate + a sliding scale on if you cheated on your diet or not). Since starting over I'm using it again to record my workouts (helps having a heartrate monitor so I can get a better grasp on calories burnt during exercise) as well as record my weight and performance on my diet.

http://ozymand.traineo.com/
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:49 AM 01-08-2009
Yesterday I didn't really eat dinner. After my son's soccer game I refused to do the usual (for me) burger drive through. I tried to find a Subway and couldn't. When I got home I had a couple of ounces of cheddar cheese and some Wheat Thins.

No workout this morning Grrr!!!! The wife messed up the alarm clock.

Breakfast - Bowl of All Bran
Snack - Cheese stick
Lunch - Tossed salad with a skinless grilled chicken breast
Dinner - I really want chicken wings and beer for the Gator game tonight. Not sure what I am going to do though. I might take some nachos with refried beans and chicken.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:56 AM 01-08-2009
Day 5:
Breakfast - oatmeal. 4pts
Lunch - ham sandwich. 3pts
Dinner - I think sauteed chicken wraps (not sure yet)

Gonna go walking today if not raining. Gotta go at least a mile.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:15 AM 01-08-2009
Day 5:
Breakfast - oatmeal. 4pts
Lunch - ham sandwich. 3pts
Dinner - I think sauteed chicken wraps (not sure yet)

Gonna go walking today if not raining. Gotta go at least a mile.
The walking is a good idea for today. Mind if I join you from 400 miles away??
[Reply]
kayaker 10:37 AM 01-08-2009
Made it to Edmonton safe and sound, although I was almost 2 hours late getting in.

Morning weight = 249.2 lbs.

Had a bowl of Raisn Bran for breakfast. Not sure what the rest of the day will entail. I have to move beds around dressers around so that I have a proper place to sleep.

My brother and his GF are also looking to lose a bit of weight, so we will help each other out and also be sources of temptation. :-)

It's going to take a week or so to get settled away here and into a routine.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:39 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Made it to Edmonton safe and sound, although I was almost 2 hours late getting in.

Morning weight = 249.2 lbs.

Had a bowl of Raisn Bran for breakfast. Not sure what the rest of the day will entail. I have to move beds around dressers around so that I have a proper place to sleep.

My brother and his GF are also looking to lose a bit of weight, so we will help each other out and also be sources of temptation. :-)

It's going to take a week or so to get settled away here and into a routine.
Glad you made it safely. Getting settled in and mobing beds around dressers is exercise in itself.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:24 AM 01-09-2009
Moring all!

Day 6:

Breakfast: 2 slices of ham on a light multi-grain english muffin: 3pts
Lunch: Ham sandwich: 3pts
Dinner: Not sure yet Probably chicken of some sort (gotta talk it over w/ the wife)

Got my mile in yesterday. Seeing as it's Friday, I may walk 2 miles today. Smoke a churchill of some sort while walking the extra distance.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:32 AM 01-09-2009
Morning Andy and Ian,

Last night I did nachos for dinner. I used blue corn tortillas and black beans. Shouldn't have been too bad plus I kept the portion small.

No gym for me again this morning. Hurting too badly after staying up and watching the Gators.

Today:
Snack - Cheese stick
Lunch - Tossed salad with a hamburger patty
Dinner - We are taking my SIL out for her birthday. I'll be good though!!!

I am going to the gym tomorrow morning to make up for missing today.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:58 AM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Morning Andy and Ian,

Last night I did nachos for dinner. I used blue corn tortillas and black beans. Shouldn't have been too bad plus I kept the portion small.

No gym for me again this morning. Hurting too badly after staying up and watching the Gators.

Today:
Snack - Cheese stick
Lunch - Tossed salad with a hamburger patty
Dinner - We are taking my SIL out for her birthday. I'll be good though!!!

I am going to the gym tomorrow morning to make up for missing today.
Nice win last night.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 09:46 AM 01-09-2009
Yesterday wasn't too bad for me.

Breakfast = Raisin Bran
Lunch = Wor Wonton soup
Supper = Donair (dill sauce instead of sweet)
Snack = Kettlecorn

I really need to get more activity though. Moving mattresses around was way more taxing than it should have been.

Today,

Breakfast = raisin Bran

Now I'm going to try a few sets of push ups and crunches/situps.

Ugh!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:30 AM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Yesterday wasn't too bad for me.

Breakfast = Raisin Bran
Lunch = Wor Wonton soup
Supper = Donair (dill sauce instead of sweet)
Snack = Kettlecorn

I really need to get more activity though. Moving mattresses around was way more taxing than it should have been.

Today,

Breakfast = raisin Bran

Now I'm going to try a few sets of push ups and crunches/situps.

Ugh!:-)
Don't know what Wor is, but Wonton soup is:-). Especially Egg Drop Wonton Soup.:-) And it's healthy too.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 129
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Up