Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Would you guys keep on the lookout for Short Story Maduros?
shilala 09:00 AM 07-23-2011
I saw they should be sitting around shortly, if not already. I was always a big fan of Fuente's Hemingway Short Story's, but they got entirely too mild for me as I hogged up my goat-like palette along the way.
I've been smoking less and further apart and I'm enjoying a lot of milder sticks again. I think I'd really enjoy these. I'd like to lay up a couple boxes if at all possible, and I expect them to be sitting at B&M's more than at the big online places.
Let me know if you run into them, will you please?
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:03 AM 07-23-2011
I'm headed in shortly, James has a good Fuente selection and will send them out. I'll see if he has them and give you his number if he does.
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:11 AM 07-23-2011
Don't you want this Cigar Discussion?
[Reply]
wayner123 10:14 AM 07-23-2011
Contact Ol' Times found here on CA in the retailer section. They have been selling Fuente before Fuente was cool. They should be able to help you out. And they are a great local B&M here in Central FL.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 10:29 AM 07-23-2011
Don't have them, sorry.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:43 AM 07-23-2011
These are coming out? I know there are a few from eons ago, but if there is going to be a regular release then I'll need to stash some cash.
[Reply]
shilala 01:30 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Don't you want this Cigar Discussion?
I sure do, Dave. I struggled with which category to put it in. :-)

Originally Posted by wayner123:
Contact Ol' Times found here on CA in the retailer section. They have been selling Fuente before Fuente was cool. They should be able to help you out. And they are a great local B&M here in Central FL.
I will do that, Wayne. Thanks for the tip. :-)

Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Don't have them, sorry.
Thanks for looking, Matt. It's much appreciated.
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
These are coming out? I know there are a few from eons ago, but if there is going to be a regular release then I'll need to stash some cash.
Yes, they're ready to go, from my understanding.
They did come out in 2005 for a benefit, I think they made 250 of them. Guys have paid $150 for a single from that time.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 03:29 PM 07-23-2011
Are all short storys the same or are these called Hemingway short storys?
[Reply]
shilala 03:34 PM 07-23-2011
Short Story's are all Hemingways, these are actually Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story Maduros. The regular or natural short storys have a cameroon wrapper over a dominican filler and binder. Any of the Hemingways are tougher to find in a maduro wrapper.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 03:39 PM 07-23-2011
The B&M has A. Fuente short story but they don't say Hemingway on the box.
[Reply]
shilala 03:45 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
I never paid attention to the box, that's a good catch. I'd think it'd be on the inside lid. I'd go downstairs and look if I weren't so lazy.
Hemingway is the name of the blend, actually, if that helps. No idea why the box wouldn't be marked up. Probably because it's the only cigar they make called "short story". That blend has cool names for all the sizes.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:50 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Originally Posted by shilala:
I never paid attention to the box, that's a good catch. I'd think it'd be on the inside lid. I'd go downstairs and look if I weren't so lazy.
Hemingway is the name of the blend, actually, if that helps. No idea why the box wouldn't be marked up. Probably because it's the only cigar they make called "short story". That blend has cool names for all the sizes.
I just looked at my daughter's "bug collection box" and it doesn't say "Hemingway" on or inside of it.
[Reply]
TXRebel 04:51 PM 07-23-2011
Have you tried Tampa SweetHearts? You have to e-mail or call for the Hemingway Maduros.
[Reply]
shilala 09:19 AM 07-25-2011
I'm going to call a couple places today. I think I'm a bit early. I'll start by calling Darlene the Cigar Girl at Tampa Sweethearts. She'll know if they're out yet, I bet. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:53 AM 07-25-2011
Until you guys mentioned it, I had never noticed that the Short Story boxes don't say "Hemingway" on them, unlike most of (all?) the rest of the boxes in the line.

Neato.
[Reply]
Wanger 10:32 AM 07-25-2011
I've liked all the Hemingway maddies I've had. Can't wait to try these myself. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:52 AM 07-30-2011
Saturday bump for all the weekend B&M crawlers.
[Reply]
Starz26 12:51 PM 08-03-2011
Saturday bump for all the weekend B&M crawlers.
Are you taken care of? If not pm me and I got a 5er for ya
[Reply]
jjirons69 01:21 PM 08-03-2011
Great job, Eric!

However, you just stirred an ant hill...
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:39 PM 08-03-2011
I've been on the lookout for these too. Emailed Tampa Sweethearts, haven't heard back from them. Going to call a local B&M that has a bunch of Fuentes, but I doubt they'll have it. They don't carry LE stuff really.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up