Originally Posted by cigarwife:
You!
I see you settle for mediocrity. :-)
[Reply]
AAlmeter 09:44 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I see you settle for mediocrity. :-)
:-)

Hell, depending on who she directed that at, the mediocrity statement could be a compliment! God knows I'd be thrilled with it.
[Reply]
MithShrike 09:58 PM 11-20-2008
My mom. Single, she raised my sister and me and went to school. She worked her ass off. I didn't see her much when I was younger but now that I'm out on my own I realize how hard it must have been for her. Between my medical problems as a child, my sister struggling with her school work, my mom's own schooling, providing for us, and trying to have a social life she did what I can't imagine doing. How hard she worked astounds me now that I'm able to think about it from an adult perspective. Yeah, she's nuts but I love her.
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:22 PM 11-20-2008
Dad...too many reasons to mention. It's why I'm who I am, plain and simple. I can only strive to be the same for my kids.

Mom...very close second!
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:23 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Did someone mention "The Hedgehog"?

Circa 2002.

Sweet Bajeegbuz! F'ing Ron Jeremy. You are too much, Darrell!!! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:00 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by cigarwife:
You!
For those who said Parents or Spouses, I think there is no higher privilege or honor than to be seen as a hero in the eyes of our sons', daughters', or spouses'!

With great power comes great responsibility!
- As stated by Peter Parker and his uncle Ben
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:10 AM 11-21-2008
My parents for helping me be the person I am today. They mean the world to me.

-Abraham Lincoln
-Robert E. Lee
-Josh Beckett
-Pedro Martinez
-Author/historian and great friend Gregory A. Coco
-Author and good friend William Frassanito
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 11-21-2008
My parents for all they taught me.

My Grandfather for helping me become the first college graduate in my family.

The Troops who put "Freedom Ain't Free" on the line every day.

Chris Chelios for proving that sometimes the old guys can still play.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 10:17 AM 11-21-2008
Sgt Alvin York

MSgt Gary Gordon & SFC Randy Shughart

David Crockett

My Dad
[Reply]
RPB67 11:05 AM 11-21-2008
Dad amd Mom,

When I was young I never listened but now I definately relized they know much more than me.

They are definately the reason I am who I am today.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:43 PM 11-21-2008
My parents
James K Polk
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Albert Sydney Johnston
Teddy Roosevelt
FDR
icehog3
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 10:50 PM 11-21-2008
My father, BarneyBandMan, who makes it harder for me to become half the man he is by being more awesome every day.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:36 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
My parents
James K Polk
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Albert Sydney Johnston
Teddy Roosevelt
FDR
icehog3
Now cut that out, Joe! :-)
[Reply]
macms 06:06 AM 11-22-2008
My Uncle Bob and those who live in my memories.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 08:03 AM 11-22-2008
I thought about this post for awhile before actually posting but its clear to me that my son "Cole" is becoming my hero.
While as a parent it was my job to influence right and wrong, every day he clearly shows that he was listening and that kid has the kindest heart that I know of. :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 08:05 AM 11-22-2008
My mom. Had me as an unwed mother in 1959 and my sister several years after that. Had to be hard to deal with especially back then. Sure do miss her sometimes.
Her parents. For loving her enough to give us a place to live with love. Miss them too.

All of those who have served our country. Their heroic actions over many battles I find inspiring and humbling at the same time.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:08 AM 11-22-2008
My Mom, Dad, youngest brother and my step-son currently serving in the Army.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:13 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
My parents
James K Polk
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Albert Sydney Johnston
Teddy Roosevelt
FDR
icehog3

Nice choice with Giuseppe Garibalidi. The 39th NY regiment in the Civil War was nicknamed the Garibalidi guards because they were comprised of Hungarian and Italian men. Most of the Italians had fought under Giuseppe in Italy.
[Reply]
forgop 09:51 AM 11-22-2008
My dad hands down...

About 7 years ago, his appendix ruptured and he went a full month before he knew what happened. He was deathly ill and finally got him to the hospital as he thought he was just having back pain. It took them 4 days to realize what happened and he made it through that. During surgery to clean that mess out, they found a tumor and removed what they could. In Jan 2007, doctors gave him just 2 days to live because of an obstruction and failing kidneys, but he pulled through. My wife was pregnant at the time with his only grandson and we shared with him that my son would be named after him and it brought him to tears.

He battled cancer for more than 6 years before he passed away on January 20, 2008. He never complained and he never gave up the fight until 2 days before he died. It was painful to watch the person you looked up to the most spend his final 6 months losing over 150# and how he lived the last few months. I hated to see him suffer any longer though.

Over the past five years, I spent a lot of time working 2nd or 3rd shift, so I'd call him late at night quite often and just talk for a while. I miss being able to just pick up the phone and hear his voice more than anything. This will be my first Christmas without my dad, mom, and one of my grandmothers as I've lost all 3 of them this year, so it's going to be a rough month for me.
[Reply]
dcamacho 10:34 AM 11-22-2008
besides my mom and dad

.... i think its pretty obvious who's mine :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up