Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Disaster.
shilala 01:34 PM 11-18-2008
I was out in the kitchen banging out the cookies I threatened Perry (Big Vito) with and suffered a massive disaster.
We had a counter-top with shelves beneath it that was a prep area.
Key word here is "had".
I had six bowls, the mixer, all the stuff measured out and ready to mix when the whole world collapsed.
It kind of came down in slow motion and when it hit the floor everything kinda jumped up in the air and flipped over and smashed.

There were two fishbowls on the countertop. One with a Betta and one with 3 Goldfish from the fair. I immediately managed to rescue all but one goldfish. I couldn't find him.
About a half hour later, after cleaning most of the mess and dragging the broken parts outside, I pulled out the microwave stand (that had been buried in the devastation) and there was the goldfish all covered in flour.
I gave him a poke and he flopped. I couldn't believe it.
I gathered him up, threw him in the glass where the other goldfish were, and scrubbed the flour off of his eyeballs.
Right now he's swimming around like nothing ever happened. :-)
I'm gonna name him Lucky.

So now, instead of making cookies, I'm going to be heading to Lowe's.
I have to get two pieces of countertop, stiles, pine for shelving, and a new little dewalt shopvac because mine is all but dead (it picked a hell of a time to die).
We've been wanting to replace the sink countertop so I'm gonna do that while I undo the devastation. I might even put a dishwasher in. Haven't decided yet.

I'm going to do all this right after I suck the 1/2 dozen eggs and two gallons of fish-water soaked flour out of the kitchen carpet with my mostly dead shop vac. :-)
I may just have to go get the big shop vac out of the shop to move this project along.

Tell me this...
Is it still Monday??? Did I not get the memo???
[Reply]
mrreindeer 01:40 PM 11-18-2008
OH MAN, THAT SUCKS!

Bend your knees & WATCH THAT BACK!
[Reply]
Cigarcop 01:41 PM 11-18-2008
Bring "Lucky" with you maybe you'll find everything on sale!!!!
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:42 PM 11-18-2008
Hey Scott, when you're doing a bomb, you're not supposed to blow yourself up in the process. :-)

Geez, sorry brother, I hate when stuff like that happens. I've had my share, and they're never fun.
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:43 PM 11-18-2008
Only you Scott, only you.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:45 PM 11-18-2008
Scott I feel for ya brother, better luck this afternoon.
[Reply]
piperman 01:45 PM 11-18-2008
:-):-) ...So, does Perry (Big Vito) get his cookies or what? sorry had to say that.
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:47 PM 11-18-2008
Scott... that sounds like one hell of a party over there... you just need to add the Rum... :-)

At least no one got hurt and all the fish lived... and now you have a funny story to tell which is priceless... :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:50 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by piperman:
:-):-) ...So, does Perry (Big Vito) get his cookies or what? sorry had to say that.
Sounds like he's gonna get fish cookies. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:50 PM 11-18-2008
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get everything cleaned up quickly and your week takes a turn for the better.

Were you trying to make 'goldfish' crackers instead of cookies?
[Reply]
taltos 01:54 PM 11-18-2008
Scott, you have my sympathy for the disaster but to be honest, my wife and I are laughing our a$$es off.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 01:57 PM 11-18-2008
Was any bacon lost in this incident. I don't know if I could forgive you if there was any. Oh, and get a dishwasher.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 02:00 PM 11-18-2008
holy hell man!

I wish you luck. thats rough
[Reply]
dccraft 02:12 PM 11-18-2008
WOW! You sure that there wasn't any sabotage in there to get the project rolling ahead??? :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:20 PM 11-18-2008
Thanks everyone. :-)

Looks like Perry's cookies are on backorder for awhile. Fortunately the Heath Bar pieces and chocolate chips were not injured. All the bacon is safe, too, Matt. I thank God for that.
Paul, I'd laugh, but the mess is incredible. I'm not mad, but DAYUM.
I'm going to be cleaning for another couple hours and it's going to take me a week to do all the construction involved in making this right again.
I gotta admit I'm pretty stoked about the possibility of a dishwasher. :-)
I hate washing these damned dishes. It's the bane of my existance.
[Reply]
shilala 02:21 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Only you Scott, only you.
Al, I blame this all on you. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:24 PM 11-18-2008
damn Scott, not sure if I should laugh cry or search for it on youtube :-)

be careful of your back :0
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:27 PM 11-18-2008
It was the six bowls. The old counter was only rated for five. :-)
[Reply]
Joan 02:27 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
I was out in the kitchen banging out the cookies I threatened Perry (Big Vito) with and suffered a massive disaster.
<cookie crime disaster snippi...>

I would pay real cash money for a Shilala Kitchen Cam feed the next time you decide to "toss your cookies".

Poor Scott! :-)
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 02:28 PM 11-18-2008
Great play by play description, although I'm glad Lucky is alive and well:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up