Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Not looking for sympathy, or empathy purely info
SilverFox 09:23 AM 11-18-2008
I am continually amazed at the outpouring of support that I get from my brethren here. I have not been on as much as I would like to be and I am continually bombarded with well wishes, and queries of concern on my PM's as well as good friends passing on the concerns of the inmates of CA via text and email as well. I tell you what has been going on in my life only for information purposes not for my brothers and sisters of the leaf to feel sorry for me. This has been an extraordinarily brutal few months for me. It started in the beginning of August when I came down with a Lung affliction that knocked me on my ass for about 6 weeks. In that time I started a new job, which I love but it way more stressful than the last one. This increased stress and lowered immunity caused me another issue that I had to deal with, call it what you want, anxiety fueled depression is what the docs tell me so then that needs to be taken care of. I get that all rolled up and back under control then it is time to focus outward. About 6 months ago my wife decided to throw her hat in the ring for a partnership at her accounting firm, she was about 6 months late in doing so and it was an uphill battle from the get go, she busted her ass to do it and I am very very proud of her for all the effort she put in. Well we found out a week ago that due to the economy that they will be pulling back on partnership promotions. While it was a long shot she was emotionally spent and the end result was it really hit her hard so I spent my free time being her friend and support system as she has done for me through all my trials and tribulations. All is good and as the trooper she is, she is back on track. Lo and behold now I have a brutal sinus cold. Ugggh its been a trying few months. Couple this in with three young wonders (Alex, Drew, and Piper) and all their swimming, piano lessons, and just plain being kids and life has been a somewhat of a trainwreck. I see the light at the end of the tunnel though and I am looking forward to getting things settled down before the holiday season. So to all my friends, thank you for your concerns, well wishes, and inquiries. The concern is not necessary as there are many many people in the world that are having far more dire issues in their lives than me. I am am alive and well and reading as many posts as I can, sometimes I just don't have the energy to post.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:26 AM 11-18-2008
Outlook and attitude are most of the battle, and it looks like you are well aware of it, Keep on slogging, sir.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:26 AM 11-18-2008
looks like you are being put tru a test Shawn, and I know for sure will pass. You and your family will get stronger out of this.
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:27 AM 11-18-2008
And your Flames suck. :-)

You know if we can do anything we will. You just say the word.

All the best to you and yours Shawn.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:29 AM 11-18-2008
Hang in there, Brother.
We're here for you should you need us.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:33 AM 11-18-2008
As my Pop says, "No matter how tough life may seem, it has an amazing way of always working itself out." :-):-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 06:53 PM 11-18-2008
All the best to you and yours Shawn, glad to see your still around, was beginning to think the 3 of us hurt ya with that last bomb we sent!!:-):-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 06:55 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Outlook and attitude are most of the battle, and it looks like you are well aware of it, Keep on slogging, sir.
Ultimately, slogging is what life is all about. :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 07:12 PM 11-18-2008
Do what you need to do Brother. We'll be here when you're ready.
[Reply]
shilala 08:23 PM 11-18-2008
I love ya, brother. I know you'll do fine, you're a tough old goat. :-)
God has a funny way of making better people out of us. Rather than just wave a hand, He gives us opportunity to learn.
Sounds like you're keeping right up with the challenge. :-)
I get TONS of mileage out of "This, too, shall pass."
Whatever it is, it always does. In my world it usually passes and gets worse, but it always passes.
Wait'll you see what kind of fine human being you are when you get to the other side. I'd bet you're gonna be pleased. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 08:30 PM 11-18-2008
Take care of what's most important, Shawn. Your friends and Al understand. At the end of the day, this in here, is just a cigar board. For some (like me) it represents a bit of an escape from what's out there. But make no mistake, it's what out there that counts. Just put me in the "I'm rooting for you" column.

Be well, my friend.
[Reply]
CBI_2 08:38 PM 11-18-2008
Prayers for continued upward progress for you and your family on all fronts.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:43 PM 11-18-2008
It is an amazing group, that much is for sure - I can honestly say I feel closer to the good people here than most people I know. Thanks for sharing and keep us up to date on how you are doing.

Travis
[Reply]
icehog3 11:22 PM 11-18-2008
Thank you for sharing things with us Shawn. Take care of your family, we will all be here whenever you need us. :-)
[Reply]
DragonMan 11:26 PM 11-18-2008
Keep taking care of what's important Shawn. You will prevail and you and your family will be stronger because of it! We will all be here whenever you need us. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:04 AM 11-19-2008
Shawn, thank you for taking the time to share with all of us. Your generosity in the face of adversity is truly amazing. We have all been touched in some way by your presence here and on CS. Please take care of those most important and close to you. We will be here for you if the need arises. Carry on my friend.:-)
[Reply]
tzaddi 12:16 AM 11-19-2008
I saw Paul Simon on the Tee Vee tonight and I found some comfort in these words, perhaps you can as well… try and get some rest my brother.

"American Tune"

Words & music by Paul Simon

Many's the time I've been mistaken
And many times confused
Yes, and I've often felt forsaken
And certainly misused
Oh, but I'm all right, I'm all right
I'm just weary to my bones
Still, you don't expect to be
Bright and bon vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home

And I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
but it's all right, it's all right
for we lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the
road we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong

And I dreamed I was dying
I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly
And I dreamed I was flying
And high up above my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty
Sailing away to sea
And I dreamed I was flying

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age's most uncertain hours
and sing an American tune
Oh, and it's alright, it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest
That's all I'm trying to get some rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_sl4r0eGVY
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:32 AM 11-19-2008
As one of my coaches used to say "Keep your chin up and your head down". It never made much sense but I think you get the point. We are all here when you need us brother.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:12 PM 11-19-2008
If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 12:39 PM 11-19-2008
Hang in there Shawn, like Al said, if there is anything we can do, let us know.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up