Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Assault Rifle Ban
Tombstone 07:27 AM 11-18-2008
What does everyone think about the inevitable assault rifle ban. After this ban is passed do you think that there will be a slippery slope in regards to banning all firearms?

IMHO the government does not have the right to take away my second amendment right. My forefathers died for private citizens to own guns to defend ourselves from any threat both domestic and foreign. This is America isn't it?
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:45 AM 11-18-2008
Not an assault rifle kind guy however I do own many guns and support your right to own what you like. Yes, I think this is just another step closer to taking away or Second Amendment right. Sad, very sad.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:47 AM 11-18-2008
I think it is inevitable :-) :-) I stocked up on mags, ammo, and lowers a year ago b/c I could see what was going to happen.

I am going to stop there. I don't want to make this political.
[Reply]
Tombstone 07:52 AM 11-18-2008
Nothing politically wrong with discussing a private citizen’s fundamental right.:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:54 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I think it is inevitable :-) :-) I stocked up on mags, ammo, and lowers a year ago b/c I could see what was going to happen.

I am going to stop there. I don't want to make this political.
Same approach I took last time.

Most states do not track individual weapon type purchases so it would be very difficult to say "Ok, give up your assault weapons." I still have several purchased before the last ban and may pick up a couple more just in case.

Like Dan, I will stop here before it gets political.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:56 AM 11-18-2008
Oh, by the way, they aren't "assault rifles" unless they are fully automatic.

They want to ban all rifles. They just use words like "assault rifles" to get all the sheep scared.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:00 AM 11-18-2008
Suppliers are getting cleaned out. Stock is getting low everywhere. I stocked up on ammo and reloading components. I could not find a way to word what I wanted to put next that would pass the censors.
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:12 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
What does everyone think about the inevitable assault rifle ban. After this ban is passed do you think that there will be a slippery slope in regards to banning all firearms?

IMHO the government does not have the right to take away my second amendment right. My forefathers died for private citizens to own guns to defend ourselves from any threat both domestic and foreign. This is America isn't it?
I just wrote a long post in reply to this thread, but decided I would rather pare it down so as not to start any kind of argument or make this thread political. The only thing I really want to say is that:

At the time the 2nd ammendment was written there was a definite and dire need to own a gun that doesn't exist anymore.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:12 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Suppliers are getting cleaned out. Stock is getting low everywhere...
Yeah, pretty much every site is out of magazines. On ar15.com they tried to organize a group buy on P-mags. Magpul said it would be AT LEAST a 6 month wait :-)

People are also getting gouged right now. Mag prices doubled and tripled a couple weeks ago. The classified ads on ar15.com are insane right now.
[Reply]
spooble 08:27 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
At the time the 2nd ammendment was written there was a definite and dire need to own a gun that doesn't exist anymore.

The 2nd amendment guarantees a right... it doesn't address a need. There is a distinct difference.
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:31 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I just wrote a long post in reply to this thread, but decided I would rather pare it down so as not to start any kind of argument or make this thread political. The only thing I really want to say is that:

You are incorrect. My blood pressure rises when i hear ignorant people speak. "The founders added the 2nd amendment so that when, after a long train of abuses, agovernment evinces a methodical design upon our natural rights, we will have the means to protect and recover our rights. That is why the right to keep and bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights."

Please study American history.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:34 AM 11-18-2008
Well that didn't take long to get a little heated :-)

You are incorrect. My blood pressure rises when i hear ignorant people speak.

I think that he is just as entitled to an opinion (without being called ignorant), just as you are entitled to the opinion that we need assault rifles to protect ourselves. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:34 AM 11-18-2008
You are incorrect. My blood pressure rises when i hear ignorant people speak. "The founders added the 2nd amendment so that when, after a long train of abuses, agovernment evinces a methodical design upon our natural rights, we will have the means to protect and recover our rights. That is why the right to keep and bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights."

Feel free to disagree and debate the points. Personal insults are not allowed. Ever see a thread go "poof"?
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:35 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by spooble:
The 2nd amendment guarantees a right... it doesn't address a need. There is a distinct difference.
Exactly!!
[Reply]
poker 08:43 AM 11-18-2008
Keep it civil folks. This thread is lighting up the radar screen.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:45 AM 11-18-2008
Allright, time to lighten this up a little folks.

What is your favorite magazine to use? I like D&H Black Teflon with the Magpul follower.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:45 AM 11-18-2008

The slippery slope we deal with here is much different. :-) :-)

From long experience we know that religion and politics are not subjects that engender brotherhood and good cheer on cigar boards. Lot's of places that support those types of discussions. This isn't one of them.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:45 AM 11-18-2008
Insulting other members will not be tolerated.
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:48 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
Keep it civil folks. This thread is lighting up the radar screen.
And I didn't do it!!! It is a good day! :-)

Sensitive topic on both sides of the fence. But a good one if handled correctly by all involved.

(Congrats on over 1,000 thought provoking posts Kelly!)
[Reply]
poker 08:51 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
And I didn't do it!!! It is a good day! :-)

(Congrats on over 1,000 thought provoking posts Kelly!)
Thanks! Trying to catch up to tom :-)
Im just a junior douche LOL
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up