Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Cigar Box Art
Texan in Mexico 09:15 PM 11-24-2008
Good evening to all in the Asylum.

I really wanted to share this with all of you.

My gf started taking Vitral class, where they cut glass and ceramics and decorate bottles, tables, etc.., and this is one of her first pieces.

Its a Taboo box that she decorated with a four leaf clover for her friend who is transferring to the Caribbean tomorrow. It is for good luck.

Maybe it is kind of corny but I am really proud of her, it took her a great deal of time to do it and I think it came out pretty well.

The inside has a mirror on the bottom so it can be used as a vanity box as well -

I have already told her I will be wanting a couple for the desk at work and maybe for the Man Cave that is scheduled to be built in 2011...

Anyways, thanks for reading and a good evening to all!

Respectfully,

Travis
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:16 PM 11-24-2008
That looks really nice!! I wish I had that much creativity.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:19 PM 11-24-2008
Very cool. Are the lights form a reflection? because a lighted box would be wicked cool too. :-)
[Reply]
SIMPLIFIED 09:21 PM 11-24-2008
very nice travis
she is a keeper
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:31 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Very cool. Are the lights form a reflection? because a lighted box would be wicked cool too. :-)

The reflection comes from the flash on my little Sony digital camera - though a lighted box would be cool...

Originally Posted by SIMPLIFIED:
very nice travis
she is a keeper
Thank you, she is, its good to hear from you, been too long buddy.
[Reply]
Volt 03:38 AM 11-25-2008
Nice work, definitly not the "typical" looking humi. Cutting those small pieces must be interesting.
[Reply]
Bruzee 03:55 AM 11-25-2008
Nice work..... I dig it!
[Reply]
sofaman 04:51 AM 11-25-2008
Very Nice!
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:24 AM 11-25-2008
So the cigar box is only the medium or canvas in this case?

Very nice work,and you can post her smiling face anytime :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:37 AM 11-25-2008
That's cool! I just have to make sure my wife doesn't see this thread because I'm sure a lot of my empty boxes will disappear. :-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:04 AM 11-25-2008
That is correct - the cigar box is the canvas or what she is decorating just as if it were the lamp, bottle, etc...

Haha, it is true - I have had a few cigar boxes dissapear to hold her supplies but that just means I have to get more right?

Thanks for the comments!
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:14 AM 11-25-2008
That is very nice! Be sure to hang on to her, because she is a keeper! :-)
[Reply]
Up