Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Disaster #2.
Snake Hips 10:43 PM 11-19-2008
Wow man, what luck! Seems the old bad luck is having one of its runs lately. Went in to check out a leaky water pump on my truck and found out it I have a cracked timing gasket, i.e. $990 to fix $50 worth of stuff! But I don't have to buy me a telophone pole, so I think you got me beat, haha.

Hope that works out for you, that's quite a predicament.
[Reply]
Joan 11:16 PM 11-19-2008
Pshew! Boy, you *really* know how to toss them cookies! :-)

Butt Hay, what about the truck that broke the pole? They have insurance for this kind of thing, right?
[Reply]
perogee 11:28 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Joan:
Butt Hay, what about the truck that broke the pole? They have insurance for this kind of thing, right?
And I was starting to think that I was the only one with this question on my mind :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 05:58 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
So what does a telephone pole cost nowadys anyway???
My wife works for A T & T. She used to work in the DOT billing dept.
Part of her job was that she would bill insurance companies when a pole had to be replaced because of an accident. Let me tell you they are not cheap.
Also it depends on whose wires were connected to the pole. If it was phone or electric or both.
[Reply]
taltos 06:49 AM 11-20-2008
Soorry to read about this problem Scott. Hopefully the trucking company's insurance will make you financially whole. Sucks dealing with utility companies.
[Reply]
shilala 07:46 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Joan:
Pshew! Boy, you *really* know how to toss them cookies! :-)

Originally Posted by perogee:
And I was starting to think that I was the only one with this question on my mind :-)
Le Truck kept on moving. Odds are that he doesn't even know he tore the lines down. These wires have been hanging over that highway since '76. This guy must be tearing out wires from here to wherever he's going.
Since the pole belongs to me, I pay for it.
I still have one last out. My fire insurance or homeowners may or may not cover it. The way I understand my policy, the odds are real slim. I didn't call them yesterday because I didn't want to deal with it. I took pictures yesterday just in case. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 08:09 AM 11-20-2008
Check your auto insurance under uninsured motorist/hit and run coverage. It might cover damage to personal property.
[Reply]
MithShrike 10:59 AM 11-20-2008
Well, it could have been worse. Your renter could have been on a respirator. Now wouldn't that be a *****?
[Reply]
shilala 11:11 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Check your auto insurance under uninsured motorist/hit and run coverage. It might cover damage to personal property.
That's a good idea. I'll give them a shout.
Thanks Paul!!!
[Reply]
Volt 11:52 AM 11-20-2008
A friend of mine has 4 rentals - I'd rather eat balut every day than own a rental. You guys need the patience/attitude of a saint.
[Reply]
Volt 11:54 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
Wow man, what luck! Seems the old bad luck is having one of its runs lately. Went in to check out a leaky water pump on my truck and found out it I have a cracked timing gasket, i.e. $990 to fix $50 worth of stuff! But I don't have to buy me a telophone pole, so I think you got me beat, haha.

Hope that works out for you, that's quite a predicament.
I just authorized a $688 repair bill to repair a $10 oil sensor.... My a$$ hurts.
[Reply]
MithShrike 12:01 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
A friend of mine has 4 rentals - I'd rather eat balut every day than own a rental. You guys need the patience/attitude of a saint.
:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:58 PM 11-20-2008
the guy who snapped the pole should have to pay all the costs. Either him or his insurance.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:09 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
the guy who snapped the pole should have to pay all the costs. Either him or his insurance.
:-)

Scott, Sorry for all your grief!!!
[Reply]
taltos 01:15 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
It was a case of hit and run.
[Reply]
shilala 01:58 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
I have a bunch, too. It's a pain in the ass but I've learned how to deal with it. The rentals have paid my mortgage and taxes for the last 15 years, financed my divorce, and they'll put my kids through school.
It may suck, but there's a lot of reward. Kinda. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up