Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lynn Nicaraguan maduro lancero
Don Fernando 12:21 AM 04-10-2011
Lynn is a well known webshop and I heard good stuff about his house brands, most of them are made by Miura. I smoked the Nicaraguan Connecticut perfecto and I liked it, which is rare as I don't like Connecticut much. A friend, who orders at Lynn regularly, gave me this extremely dark unbanded 6½x36 lancero from the Lynn Nicaraguan line.

The wrapper is very dark and leaves some stains on my fingers, so I think that the wrapper is dyed. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell and some thin veins. The construction feels good but the predraw is a bit hard and leaves a peppery flavor in my mouth.

I taste a peppery leather, the pepper is strong but fades away a bit after half an inch and then I taste more leather. After two inch I taste more pepper again with the leather. The flavors are nice and I also discover some wood and a tiny bit of nuts on the background.

The flavors don't develop anymore, but I like what I taste. After two thirds the pepper turns sharp and stronger.

This cigar lasted me for seventy-five minutes and it had a great draw. The burn is good, although I had to correct it once or twice. The ash is dark and firm and I got a decent amount of smoke. The cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Can't find them on the website anymore.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:57 AM 04-10-2011
:-)
[Reply]