Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Lighter burner clean up
Wharf Rat 06:49 AM 12-31-2023
I had a favorite cheap lighter burner getting clogged and not producing a good flame. I’ve tried various ways of cleaning lighters over the years without success. But, this time I have some electronic contact cleaner left over from working on my old receiver. I sprayed the burner good and then wiped the top off with a Qtip. It took about half an hour to dry. It works like new!

No guarantees but it sure worked this once.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:29 AM 12-31-2023
Worth a shot. Thanks Bob!
[Reply]
longknocker 07:34 AM 12-31-2023
I Usually Use Compressed Air, But I Might Need That Tip On A Stubborn Lighter! Where Can You Purchase That Solution And What Is It Called??? Thanks!:-):-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 08:23 AM 12-31-2023
I bought this from Amazon. It’s about $17 a can, so I wouldn’t have bought it to clean a cheap lighter. An old Nakimichi receiver, that’s different!

Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner
[Reply]
markem 09:00 AM 12-31-2023
Nice!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:55 AM 12-31-2023
Thanks for the tip. (phrasing)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:22 AM 12-31-2023
I have also used carburetor cleaner for older cars with carburetors...or for some of your small engines. I had a lighter with lots of carbon build-up and just a small squirt, a q-tip, and a bit of time to let it dry.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:41 AM 12-31-2023
After many years working at a cigar shop/lounge lots of guys would bring me there lights to fix. What I have found that works pretty well is you use a can of butane. So you just press the can tip down on top of the jets and give it a few blasts. There is really no dry time and you are using something that is supposed to be in you lighter anyway.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 01:23 PM 01-01-2024
Good info - thanks! I have just tried alcohol on a swap and compressed air before this, and it has generally seemed to work okay.
[Reply]
Up