Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>any recommendations
TonyAngels 06:26 PM 07-20-2011
I'm looking for a new humidor and struck out at my local shops any website recommendations where I can get a great humidor that won't break my bank but is also great quality
[Reply]
jesseboston81 06:43 PM 07-20-2011
Are you looking for functionality or a display piece? For functionality, grab a cooler with a good seal, some beads, and a hygrometer--it won't break your bank and it is also great quality (even if it's not something you'd display in your living room).
[Reply]
Devanmc 06:45 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Are you looking for functionality or a display piece? For functionality, grab a cooler with a good seal, some beads, and a hygrometer--it won't break your bank and it is also great quality (even if it's not something you'd display in your living room).
cooler all the way. Im using a 150gt igloo and couldnt be happier :-)
[Reply]
TonyAngels 07:34 PM 07-20-2011
I want something that looks nice along with the other stuff I said like quality durability etc. I need something that looks nice so when I finish law school I can put it in my office no coolerdor will look too wonderful there lol.
[Reply]
Devanmc 07:38 PM 07-20-2011
if youve got the money a 50ct from waxing moon is deffintily something to show off.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:41 PM 07-20-2011
Check on cbid, and watch there you could always go to cheaphumidors, or I personally like the 100ct on CI website, some are sweet looking!
[Reply]
pektel 07:46 PM 07-20-2011
I say the edgestar 28 from www.compactappliance.com. Scratch and dent units are going for $99 shipped;

http://www.compactappliance.com/EdgeStar-TWR282S-28-Bottle-Deluxe-Ultra-Capacity-Free-Standing-Wine-Cooler/TWR282SSDDSSD,default,pd.html?cgid=Clearance_Items-Scratch_and_Dent
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:47 PM 07-20-2011
bargainhumidor.com
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:12 PM 07-20-2011
The problem with buying a wooden humidor from online retailers is that you don't really know what you are getting until it's delivered, and then it's really too late to do much about it. The exception to this is going to custom manufacturer's like Waxing Moon.

It's too bad that your local B&M's did not have anything to offer you...
[Reply]
TonyAngels 09:07 PM 07-20-2011
They have some Quality Importers humidors but I'm not sure if they are any good the guy said they are but I wasn't sure any opinions? Because I honestly would rather see in and buy it in person also my last one from online was junk and it's made me a bit weary about buying another one from online.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:14 PM 07-20-2011
QI stuff is quality. I just don't like buying from a b&m because you can get the same humidor much cheaper online.

And I work in a b&m. :-)

I have bought 5 humidors from bargainhumidors and am very happy with each purchase. And they stand behind their products.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:16 PM 07-20-2011
Wooden humidors that aren't custom made aren't worth a crap....give me a month and you'll see mine getting blown apart by an AK-47.

Get them custom, or go with a cooler or Edgestar.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:17 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Wooden humidors that aren't custom made aren't worth a crap....
Broad brush there, bro.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:19 PM 07-20-2011
Wooden humidors that aren't custom made aren't worth a crap....give me a month and you'll see mine getting blown apart by an AK-47.

Get them custom, or go with a cooler or Edgestar.
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Broad brush there, bro.
:-)

I had a 40 count that served me well for 5 years.

Hey Bill, how many non-custom made humidors have you owned to come to that conclusion?
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:23 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by TonyAngels:
They have some Quality Importers humidors but I'm not sure if they are any good the guy said they are but I wasn't sure any opinions? Because I honestly would rather see in and buy it in person also my last one from online was junk and it's made me a bit weary about buying another one from online.
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
QI stuff is quality. I just don't like buying from a b&m because you can get the same humidor much cheaper online.

And I work in a b&m. :-)

I have bought 5 humidors from bargainhumidors and am very happy with each purchase. And they stand behind their products.
QI makes some good humidors, and Chutney is right, you can get stuff cheaper online. For me personally, when buying a wooden humidor I like to touch it and inspect it before paying for it. It's worth a few dollars more to me to be able to do that.

A Custom Humidor is even better -- if you have the money...
[Reply]
TonyAngels 09:44 PM 07-20-2011
Yea unfortunately not done with school yet so no customs for me yet but I was looking at this humidor in particular curious to know what you guys think and if you have any quick tips or suggestions on what I should looknfor when inspecting it at the shop tomorrow http://www.qualityimporters.com/qual...tail.asp?ID=56
[Reply]
Bill86 10:09 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:

I had a 40 count that served me well for 5 years.

Hey Bill, how many non-custom made humidors have you owned to come to that conclusion?

1, but if it failed so bad what would possess me to buy another?

Doesn't seem logical. Especially after less than 6 months.

I mean if someone wants to give me free $$$$$...I'll try more out...Until then I cannot afford to waste my $$$.

So sometime in the next month look for pictures of my AK totally said piece of $hit humidor.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:15 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by TonyAngels:
Yea unfortunately not done with school yet so no customs for me yet but I was looking at this humidor in particular curious to know what you guys think and if you have any quick tips or suggestions on what I should looknfor when inspecting it at the shop tomorrow http://www.qualityimporters.com/qual...tail.asp?ID=56
It seems OK -- Go for it!

As for what to look for: Search is your friend. There is a lot of good info here on CA. This is a good place to start: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=621.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:29 PM 07-20-2011

1, but if it failed so bad what would possess me to buy another?

Doesn't seem logical. Especially after less than 6 months.

I mean if someone wants to give me free $$$$$...I'll try more out...Until then I cannot afford to waste my $$$.

So sometime in the next month look for pictures of my AK totally said piece of $hit humidor.
So don't buy another. Just don't make broad statements that if it's not custom made it's crap. That is misleading to newer members.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:33 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
So don't buy another. Just don't make broad statements that if it's not custom made it's crap. That is misleading to newer members.
That doesn't mean it's not true...that desktop gave me nothing but hell...never held proper humidity and molded out in 6 months. The bottom was stuck to my f*cking carpet....not cool......Seriously....it ruined the carpet. It was nice carpet!

Still never came out.

It must have had a leak somewhere.....

The obvious point is poor craftsmanship.

I don't find my post misleading at all....I'll post a picture of the bottom if you would like. I have no idea how it happened....but it wasn't right and it WAS the humidor.

However it is up to you, if you believe my posts are misleading and harmful to new members, I welcome you to remove them. I will not complain one damn bit.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up