Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Help With Humidor
Tyler 02:57 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I think you didn't get the response you were expecting.
No, I expected for you guys to give me grief. I decided before though, after I posted and really thought about it for a bit, that I was going to wait to ask him when he gets back or offer him one of my smokes so it comes up in conversation before offering to help. I don't think he would mind but it is better to be safe than sorry. No-one answered my questions though besides Devan.
pnoon 03:02 PM 07-21-2011
It's not about the cigars and humidor. It is about trust and respect. Things that are very important to many of us. If that is "blown out of proportion", we're guilty as charged.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tyler 03:04 PM 07-21-2011
I guess if no-one is going to answer my questions you can lock the thread up. No hard feelings it is just getting cyclical.
bvilchez 03:12 PM 07-21-2011
You're question was answered AND other fellow inmates here gave you some advice as well. Be lucky they gave you the advice they did.

Imagine if they didn't advise you and you never thought of the trust and respect factor. Now the owner comes home and he thinks trust and respect were violated from the beginning. Now what?

Take it for what it's worth but others are just trying to look out for you, your g/f, and the homeowner.:-)
Tyler 03:14 PM 07-21-2011
I came to the conclusion before reading the inmates posts. My girlfriend and I talked about it and she suggested I wait until he got home so I could offer him some of my nice sticks to smoke if he wanted. I guess I am lucky for being disrespected. You are right.
bvilchez 03:16 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
I came to the conclusion before reading the inmates posts. My girlfriend and I talked about it and she suggested I wait until he got home so I could offer him some of my nice sticks to smoke if he wanted. I guess I am lucky for being disrespected. You are right.
Who in this forum disrespected you? Please point out the brother from out of the 12 that responded disrespected you?

I must have missed that post.:-)
pnoon 03:18 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
Please share how you were disrespected.
Is it because many advised you that your actions raised concerns?
Posted via Mobile Device
Tyler 03:21 PM 07-21-2011
Your only proving my point.

Tyler 03:27 PM 07-21-2011

Lock it up now?
replicant_argent 03:31 PM 07-21-2011
You requested advice/help regarding a humidor, young man.
The advice/help was given, however the advice is that said humidor should simply be a closed wooden box to you. You do not seem to understand that no matter if it contains cigars, love letters, chewed bubble gum, or keys to his Aston Martin, it is no business of yours if he has not given YOU express permission to have inspection of all his things. YOU are not house sitting for him and no one was tasked with taking care of that box. Whether your girlfriend or you understand this situation, she has violated his trust, and you are violating the trust he has placed in her.
bvilchez 03:32 PM 07-21-2011
Funny you should post the thread took a wrong turn.

YOU are the one who noted you were being disrespected.

YOU were the one who who wanted others to chime in correct?

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole here but let's get straight to it. You asked a question on the forum. It was answered. Others chimed in and gave you what THEY think. You don't have to follow that advice. You're a grown man I take it and you can make your own decisions. If you feel like going ahead prepping the humi go ahead.

But don't tell others that the thread took a wrong turn or that you were disrespected when all they were trying to do is take care of your 6.
Tyler 03:33 PM 07-21-2011

Tyler 03:41 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Funny you should post the thread took a wrong turn.

YOU are the one who noted you were being disrespected.

YOU were the one who who wanted others to chime in correct?

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole here but let's get straight to it. You asked a question on the forum. It was answered. Others chimed in and gave you what THEY think. You don't have to follow that advice. You're a grown man I take it and you can make your own decisions. If you feel like going ahead prepping the humi go ahead.

But don't tell others that the thread took a wrong turn or that you were disrespected when all they were trying to do is take care of your 6.
I suppose that is right but the thread should have been locked up a long time ago. The questions I was asking is if anyone had heard of the humidor, if it is a good one or not, and if the small humidifier would be good for that space. But noone has answered those questions yet. I tried looking up the humidor but not alot came up. I think the humidifier is for 50 cigars right? I have had it for a long time but I don't think they ever go bad? I just don't need it any more and would love to see it go to good use helping him keep his cigars at the correct humidity.
Tbagley 04:02 PM 07-21-2011
G Watts humidors are not cheap. Below a little tib bit I found.

{Bestsellers at Kremer's are humidors priced from $250 to $475 made by George Watts, a Mississippian who makes the humidors at his woodworking shop, Sallee said.

Sallee rates the Watts items as among the best-made on the market, but hard to get. "I'm lucky to get 20 a month," he said. }

On another note I'd agree with many that have already spoken.
Tyler 04:03 PM 07-21-2011
Thanks Tom. I appreciate it.
T.G 04:06 PM 07-21-2011
if anyone had heard of the humidor,

No.

if it is a good one or not

Can't tell from the photos if it's veneer over MDF or solid wood. Doesn't matter really though.

if the small humidifier would be good for that space.

Yes the 2 oz gel jar will be fine, as I said to you about 25 posts ago, "just stick the humidifier in there", pending the owner's approval of course.

I think the humidifier is for 50 cigars right?

For use in a humidor, yes, typically that's about right. But it varies based on the space and the cigars - that jar could humidify 500 cigars in a coolerdor that seals well.

I have had it for a long time but I don't think they ever go bad?

The polymer can break down, but it takes many, many years, or even over a decade or longer for some of the formulas.

I just don't need it any more and would love to see it go to good use helping him keep his cigars at the correct humidity.

That's very noble, but there's a difference between giving it to someone who wants it and forcing it onto someone who might not care or want it. I have a friend whom I've given cigars to in the past - every time he would take them and leave them in the glove box of his truck for a month or two to dry out and get to "be the way he liked them". I wouldn't smoke them that way, but he sure enjoyed them like that
Tyler 04:08 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
if anyone had heard of the humidor,

No.

if it is a good one or not

Can't tell from the photos if it's veneer over MDF or solid wood. Doesn't matter really though.

if the small humidifier would be good for that space.

Yes the 2 oz gel jar will be fine, as I said to you about 25 posts ago, "just stick the humidifier in there", pending the owner's approval of course.

I think the humidifier is for 50 cigars right?

For use in a humidor, yes, typically that's about right. But it varies based on the space and the cigars - that jar could humidify 500 cigars in a coolerdor that seals well.

I have had it for a long time but I don't think they ever go bad?

The polymer can break down, but it takes many, many years, or even over a decade or longer for some of the formulas.

I just don't need it any more and would love to see it go to good use helping him keep his cigars at the correct humidity.

That's very noble, but there's a difference between giving it to someone who wants it and forcing it onto someone.
Thanks a ton Adam. I apologize for not seeing your answer before on if it would be good for the space. :-)
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up