Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio Concerns -
BC-Axeman 10:22 AM 07-18-2011
If I open mine too fast I can get it to jump it's stops and come apart. I have done this a couple of times in the past five years but I just put it back together and open it less energetically afterwards. It's cut hundreds of cigars and still cuts perfectly.
[Reply]
cajun 10:43 AM 07-18-2011
Must be unlucky. I would send it in as you said you would. Better luck with the next one. Never had a bit of problems with mine but its only 3 months old.
[Reply]
Tbagley 12:56 PM 07-18-2011
Anything and everything can give up the ghost on rare moments.
[Reply]
TBone 12:59 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Stevez, you and Tbone are the only two BOTLs that I have ever heard this with. Tbone went through five Palios. I have had the same one for over 2.5 years with no issues at all. :-)
Steve, Mac is right and I have another that needs to go back because it shreds and not cuts the cigar...
[Reply]
icehog3 01:03 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by STEVE S:
I'v been using my Palio for 5 years, and have had no problems. One of my freinds has been using his for 19 years, and it is still going strong. Please send it back and hopefully #3 is the charm. :-)
Wow, I had no idea Palio has been around for 19 years.
[Reply]
J0eybb 01:04 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wow, I had no idea Palio has been around for 19 years.
Maybe he meant 90
[Reply]
icehog3 01:07 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
Maybe he meant 90
:-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 01:10 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Going to need more foil.
[Reply]
Dunkel 02:39 PM 07-18-2011
I had mine for about a year and a half. It got dull and wouldn't cut right. I sent it back and got a new one. All is good.
[Reply]
Eleven 07:47 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
If I open mine too fast I can get it to jump it's stops and come apart. I have done this a couple of times in the past five years but I just put it back together and open it less energetically afterwards. It's cut hundreds of cigars and still cuts perfectly.
Same thing happens with mine.
[Reply]
Shadow 01:00 PM 07-19-2011
I've had three and only had problem with one: when the freakin' airline lost my luggage when I went to Vegas several years ago and my Palio was in the luggage.

Went through Palio withdrawal for the entire week I was there. As soon as I got home ordered a replacement.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:20 PM 07-19-2011
I have seen one come completely apart and the blades separate from the housing. This was caused by the cutter running through the dryer and the temps getting so hot that the glue that holds the blades released its bond.

Other than user error, I have yet to have any other issues
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:31 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I have seen one come completely apart and the blades separate from the housing. This was caused by the cutter running through the dryer and the temps getting so hot that the glue that holds the blades released its bond.

Other than user error, I have yet to have any other issues
I'd call that "user error" :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:46 PM 07-19-2011
I have one Palio that only pinches my cigars now and breaks the head. I have one that comes apart and the blades fall out, but it does go back together again and cuts well. I'll bring them into a shop eventually; I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have a Xikar xi? that broke a spring and an mtx where the bottle opener bent while opening a bottle. I sent those in eventually and got them replaced.

Stuff breaks and gets dull. I'm glad both Xikar and Palio have guarantees like they do. All in all, I prefer the cut on my Xikar better though.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 01:50 PM 07-19-2011
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I've used mine for 2 years with no issues.

With that said, what is the proper way to clean/maintain them? I remember reading about it a long time ago, but don't remember the proper way. Do you guys lubricate them and if so, what do you use?
[Reply]
CigarDoc 02:02 PM 07-19-2011
I've had mine for 4 years and I've never had an issue with it. It's my favorite cutter, although I use a pair of Davidoff scissors when I'm at the house. The Palio is in my Max Benjamin bag.
[Reply]
massphatness 02:03 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I have one Palio that only pinches my cigars now and breaks the head. I have one that comes apart and the blades fall out, but it does go back together again and cuts well. I'll bring them into a shop eventually; I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have a Xikar xi? that broke a spring and an mtx where the bottle opener bent while opening a bottle. I sent those in eventually and got them replaced.

Stuff breaks and gets dull. I'm glad both Xikar and Palio have guarantees like they do. All in all, I prefer the cut on my Xikar better though.
Mario - your issues have more to do with your gargantuan thumbs than a specific issue with the product.

Just sayin, bro.

[Reply]
Stevez 02:40 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Mario - your issues have more to do with your gargantuan thumbs than a specific issue with the product.

Just sayin, bro.

Damn, that may be the answer after all! I too have massive thumbs. Seriously, thanks for all the feedback and I'm going to ship it back this weekend. Steve
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:12 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:

Just sayin, bro.

:-) There is some truth in there I'm sure. :-)
[Reply]
jwintosh 04:49 PM 07-19-2011
my dog chewed up my carbon fiber. that was the only problem i've experienced!! haha.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up