Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The Waxingmoon experience
yourchoice 05:56 PM 08-01-2011
Sweet piece! Congrats!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 06:19 PM 08-01-2011
nice humi. I love the pajama pants in the pics, it really looks like Christmas morning:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 06:57 PM 08-01-2011
WOW, that is some AMAZING work Ed!! Very nice humidor and I think I drooled on my self! Enjoy Randy, I had to laugh at the pictures of you "un-wrapping" It :-)
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 09:06 AM 08-02-2011
I want to thank Randy for his patience! He knew he wanted quilted maple and as things stand, quilted maple is about the most difficult wood to get your hands on.....

As my wood vendor told me.... as well as wood vendors from SC to CA.... the guitar makers (luthiers) usually snag it all up.....

I'm sure you've all seen the quilted maple guitars in the hands of folks like Carlos Santana.... (although his primary guitar is curly maple)....

Nonetheless.... the only place quilted maple comes from is the Pacific Northwest.... And then, only about 1 out of 1000 maple trees that are felled are quilted.... When those guys up there run across quilted maple, it shoots through the wood market like a speeding bullet.... and ALWAYS, the first people they call are the luthiers... And, the luthiers have there reservations in...

I've been lucky to have a wood vendor that knows and appreciates what I do and he went above and beyond to secure this for us....

I had one shot to get it right... as I only had one board to work with... talk about measure twice and cut once.... one mistake and Randy would have been looking for a smaller medical cart....

So, Randy...thank you for your patience and I'm sure she'll hold the humidity just as you would expect....

Enjoy, Brother!
And...thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with quilted maple again.... Always a pleasure.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:13 AM 08-02-2011
DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! THAT is a helluva humidor.
[Reply]
Dave128 09:38 AM 08-02-2011
That thing is a beauty!! Enjoy!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:52 AM 08-02-2011
Beautiful! I need to save for on of these! very nice work, great design inside and out!
[Reply]
ucla695 10:27 AM 08-02-2011
Incredible craftsmanship. I love how you customized the interior! :-)
[Reply]
OldDirty 10:38 AM 08-02-2011
That humidor is huge! I'm sure you will have it for years to come :-)
[Reply]
Bax 11:04 AM 08-02-2011
Freakin' sweet!!! But you might as well place your order for a bigger one:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up