Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My New Humidor - Filled and Finished
neoflex 07:27 AM 05-05-2011
Looks gorgeous. Does that window behind it get direct sunlight during the day at all? Just asking as that could possibly cause the temp to rise in the summer months when the sun is directly hitting that side of the house.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:37 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Looks gorgeous. Does that window behind it get direct sunlight during the day at all? Just asking as that could possibly cause the temp to rise in the summer months when the sun is directly hitting that side of the house.
No not at all. That window is on the north side of my house and the sun rises east and travels southwest....no exposure to direct sun at all, that room stay pretty cool during the summer, has a ceiling fan and if necessary, I can always run the central air.

Thanks for the warning.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:40 AM 05-05-2011
Sweetness! :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:00 AM 05-05-2011
I wish I had all the money I ever spent keeping my CIGARS at the temp they like. Always seemd a little
chilly to me, the person paying the bill. But gotta keep those cigars cool, sheesh. :-) spoiled little sticks.
[Reply]
Stephen 08:04 AM 05-05-2011
Nice setup, Howard. Glad that you were able to find something to suit your needs and at an incredible price to boot. Kudos to you, sir.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:13 AM 05-05-2011
Great looking humidor, Howard :-)

Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
A set of 6 puck lights from home depot...cost $39.99 on sale. However, these are NOT led, but 20w bulb lighting. They can get a little warmer than I like, so I turn them on and open the doors, find what I am looking for and turn them off immediately.

I recommend LED lighting which don't burn very hot.

I have strip lighting in mine that came with it and when the lights are on it raises the temp withing minutes. I barely turn them on. LED is definitely the way to go.
[Reply]
muhren 08:28 AM 05-05-2011
:-)

M
[Reply]
neoflex 08:37 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I wish I had all the money I ever spent keeping my CIGARS at the temp they like. Always seemd a little
chilly to me, the person paying the bill. But gotta keep those cigars cool, sheesh. :-) spoiled little sticks.
I know that feeling. We will leave for vacation and my wife will bump the thermostat up to 80. I always make sure I am the last one out of the house and bump it back down to 73 on my way out. Nothing like running the A/C all the time for my cigars even when no one will be home!:-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 07:32 AM 05-10-2011
I must say that looks freaking sweet, congrats and enjoy it
[Reply]
icehog3 07:37 AM 05-10-2011
That is absolutely beautiful, Howard! Congrats My Brother! :-)
[Reply]
detroitpha357 01:23 PM 07-26-2011
I think I know where Im going to spend some of my vacation:-)
I'll bring the eats and drinks:-)
[Reply]
Jasonw560 04:31 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
if necessary, I can always run the central air.
I always forget that in some other parts of the country, AC is an option in the summer.

But that is just beautiful. You should be proud of it.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 10:19 PM 07-26-2011
Howard.....That is amazing!! Congrats bro!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up