Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Tim Tebow is gone Support Thread!
icehog3 10:44 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
The team he goes to will have to adapt to him, not him adapt to the team. Hard to do unless the team he is drafted to is in a rebuilding mode. Mobile QBs are always exciting to watch (Vick) but aren't always very successful.
All true....time will tell. Be curious to see what round he gets picked in.
[Reply]
cort 10:56 PM 01-02-2010
Not trying to be a hater because he was a college great but I can't stop thinking Eric Crouch:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:58 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
Not trying to be a hater because he was a college great but I can't stop thinking Eric Crouch:-)
They said that about Doug Flutie, and he.....oh yeah. Forget it. :-)
[Reply]
cort 10:59 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They said that about Doug Flutie, and he.....oh yeah. Forget it. :-)
:-):-)

Ya and being an SC guy Leinart was gonna be the man!!
[Reply]
Powers 09:00 AM 01-03-2010
Key to Tebow's success will be if he gets drafted by a good enough team where he can be second string for a couple of years and work on his mechanics. his catapult motion is what will limit him in the NFL if he can't fix it.

But, if Byron leftwich can be a NFL starter for at least a few years, so can Tim Tebow
[Reply]
cf2112 09:17 AM 01-03-2010
Tebow should be fine in the NFL and probably as a QB, he works hard, is smart and is a proven winner with a good head on his shoulders. I would draft him in the second round and laugh all the way to the bank, if he slipped to the third round it could be the best steal of the draft. The things being said about him now are the same things said about him when he arrived a Florida.

Remember Ryan Leaf vs Peyton Manning many thought Leaf to be a better choice, he had a better arm, was bigger, stonger but mentally Peyton was the man and in the NFL that is pretty important. Is he NFL ready now probably not but with a little work he could be, Florida didn't just throw him they got him some playing time before handing him the reins and it worked out pretty good for them.
[Reply]
CBI_2 09:37 AM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
You hate to see him go and I couldn't wait for this day.:-)
:-) To borrow a line from a Trace Adkins song : Hate to see him go but love to watch leave.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:00 AM 01-03-2010
Payton needs a back-up!! :-)
[Reply]
G G 11:06 AM 01-03-2010
I really like Tebow as well, and think he is a great role model. But i got this sneaking feeling he wont be all that great as a quarterback in the NFL. What I think will happen is he will get switched to RB.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:37 PM 01-03-2010
I really like Tebow as well, and think he is a great role model. But i got this sneaking feeling he wont be all that great as a quarterback in the NFL. What I think will happen is he will get switched to RB.
Wonder what kind of hands he has got? Not out of the question for him to be used as a tight end if he can catch the ball.
[Reply]
G G 02:09 PM 01-03-2010
Wonder what kind of hands he has got? Not out of the question for him to be used as a tight end if he can catch the ball.
Good point.
[Reply]
longknocker 02:37 PM 01-03-2010
Good point.
He's Definitely Big & Strong Enough To Be a Tight End; I Would Love To See Him Make It At QB, Though!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:39 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
He's Definitely Big & Strong Enough To Be a Tight End; I Would Love To See Him Make It At QB, Though!:-)
Wildcat! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 02:57 PM 01-03-2010
Wildcat! :-)
Definitely!:-) Everyone Talks about Changing Tebow's Throwing Motion So He Doesn't Lower His Arm when Passing. A Lot Of NFL QBs Don't Have Perfect form, Either, & They Do OK!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up