Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints!?
Silound 09:28 PM 11-30-2009
For a game that was predicted to be very close and a possible loss for the Saints, they're playing freaking amazing. Poor Bush, I bet he feels kinda pissed he isn't on the field tonight.

I feel bad for NE, they brought a good game coming into the start, but the Saints are just drilling them left and right, and they can't seem to stop the passing offense.

11-0!
[Reply]
Starscream 09:29 PM 11-30-2009
Awesome Defense tonight.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:30 PM 11-30-2009
Is spring training here yet? :-)

This has been a great game for the Saints. They are a team on fire.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:47 PM 11-30-2009
I liked Steve Young's take on "a winning quarterback" earlier tonight. He basically said that Drew Brees wasn't a winning quarterback because he showed up for games wearing a hoodie and Tom Brady was because he showed up wearing an expensive suit.

I think Young had too many concussions.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:00 PM 11-30-2009
Nice job New Orleans! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:55 AM 12-01-2009
A$$ Whoopin!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:30 AM 12-01-2009
Geaux Saints! Keep The "W" 's Coming!:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:40 AM 12-01-2009
Congrats guys!!!
Great team with another great win.
They are absolutely insane to watch this year, even if the game is not going their way at first (e.g. Miami). You know at any moment, an explosion of offense will take place. Great defense to go along with that offense.
[Reply]
shilala 05:44 AM 12-01-2009
I picked New England 34-14 based on the sheer fact that NO hasn't played anyone this year. I thought they'd take a severe ass whooping.
I only watched the first half before I passed out, but was totally impressed by the Saint's speed.
I'm used to watching the Steelers. They look like they're running in hip boots.
Brees was incredible. I'll be following them a lot more closely, I love to see good ball. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:04 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I picked New England 34-14 based on the sheer fact that NO hasn't played anyone this year. I thought they'd take a severe ass whooping.
I only watched the first half before I passed out, but was totally impressed by the Saint's speed.
I'm used to watching the Steelers. They look like they're running in hip boots.
Brees was incredible. I'll be following them a lot more closely, I love to see good ball. :-)
Let's see:
Jets were 3-0 when they came to town and lost. (Still, that was early in the year)
Giants were 5-0 when the came to town and got beat.
Miami was on an upswing and doing good before the Saints took it to them.
Atlanta was playing pretty good football before running into the Saints.

My point is that these were all good teams when the Saints played them. Not so much afterward admittedly.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:32 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Let's see:
Jets were 3-0 when they came to town and lost. (Still, that was early in the year)
Giants were 5-0 when the came to town and got beat.
Miami was on an upswing and doing good before the Saints took it to them.
Atlanta was playing pretty good football before running into the Saints.

My point is that these were all good teams when the Saints played them. Not so much afterward admittedly.
Yup.

What is amazing about them this year is that even in the games when the defense gave up points and Brees was not at his best or the offense at their best, the defense scored for them. They will put up points both offensively and defensively. Even when the defense doesn't score like in the Patriots game last night, they create turnovers that lead to points.
They are just an incredible all around team this year, barring any injuries.
Hard not to acknowledge them as the number one contender for a Super Bowl win, regardless of what team you are a fan of. Of course, on any given Sunday......................but the odds are still in the favor of the Saints, by a long shot.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:13 AM 12-01-2009
Dayum. The Who dat's are looking real good.
[Reply]
LooseCard 10:24 AM 12-01-2009
Yeah, NO deserved that one, and Brady choked then quit.
Just be wary. As we found out, there is always an ill wind that can easily disrupt things.

We went 16-0, were headed to take it all - and didn't.

I'm not wishing it on them, as they are putting on some great games!
(I'm actually thinking on the possibility of meetign them again this year.... :-) )
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:40 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I think Young had too many concussions
Agreed! Brady and Brees were wearing the same equipment on the field. The Saints just simply ripped the Patriots a new one last night. What a solid game played by the Saints. Excellent D as well as the Saints have a couple of ex-Packers on the team with Sharper and McKenzie. It appeared that Brees could unload passes at will on the Patriots last night.

Too bad that the D lineman for the Saints fumbled his pick up of the Patriots fumble. Would of been interesting to see how the game would of progressed from there with a Saints possession...

Originally Posted by shilala:
I only watched the first half before I passed out
More coffee Scott:-)

[Reply]
Subvet642 10:45 AM 12-01-2009
Congrats, Saints fans! They're lookin' like the real thing.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:44 PM 12-10-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzbI...=youtube_gdata
[Reply]
OLS 07:49 AM 12-14-2009
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Congrats, Saints fans! They're lookin' like the real thing.
Hehe, what is it about the Saints' past that they have to get to this point in the season before people think
they might actually be able to beat all comers? In your defense, at least your post was not made yesterday, lol.
13-0 at this point. I CAN SEE how people would say that their defense is too full of holes to make it through undefeated,
but they are also not breaking after such great bending, AND their defense has to be the most resourceful I have seen
in a LONG time in terms of finding ways to prevent 4th qrtr nose dives. They are picking off passes, forcing fumbles and all around
sealing the deal in the 4th quarter. As a lifetime saints fan, I have to believe they will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl,
but alot of people have to start playing better, TACKLING, and the making of their own luck will have to continue.
Charles Grant needs to pick it up, he is getting made a fool of right now. I used to hate Mike McKenzie,
when the Saints picked him up, he was one of the only natty dreads players in the league, one of maybe 5 in the whole league?
But by the end of his first year as a Saint, and every year after that, he really stepped up his game and made me
a believer in him. He seems to be one of the main ones that can consistently come up with the dagger plays
on defense in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Up