Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 36
« First < 26343536
Sports>Yankees vs Angels ALCS 2009
MedicCook 11:44 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ya'll got afraid and took it out. Can't say it didnt work if it's not there!
They have other problems with the concrete at the Stadium. I think they used the same contractor who was in charge of the Big Dig. :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 11:47 PM 10-25-2009
All I know is I am burning an Anejo 55 tomorrow to celebrate.

:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:50 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
All I know is I am burning an Anejo 55 tomorrow to celebrate.

:-)
I will have to find something to smoke also.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:48 AM 10-26-2009
What a great feeling to hear them say "The Yankees will be in their 40th World Series".
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:55 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
What a great feeling to hear them say "The Yankees will be in their 40th World Series".
Yes it was....and watching the crowd go wild in the background
[Reply]
The Poet 02:41 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ya'll got afraid and took it out. Can't say it didnt work if it's not there!
You just don't get it. Yankees don't believe in curses, jinkes, ghosts, goats, all that garbage. They go along because others seem to, so it may give them an edge. Yanks believe in fielding the best team they possibly can, then playing the game.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:40 AM 12-16-2009
Hate to see him go.
Hate to see him repeat 2009 against the Yankees next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...o-oneyear-deal
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:47 PM 12-16-2009
Without Lackey the Angels will be lucky to even get to the playoffs.
[Reply]
cort 07:07 PM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Without Lackey the Angels will be lucky to even get to the playoffs.
Says the guy with the biggest payroll in all of sports. We will still make the playoffs. We will get it done with smallball and great coaching.

I hope:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:20 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Cort:
Says the guy with the biggest payroll in all of sports. We will still make the playoffs. We will get it done with smallball and great coaching.

I hope:-)
OK, maybe. Maybe not.
Coaching is a great thing but pitching wins ball games so the Lackey concern should be a valid one as that is now a tough void.

To all the "payroll" arguments, I laugh.
The rules are simple. The Yankees abide by them. Because they choose to recklessly spend money to fill seats and somehow, it magically works, which in turn gives them more money to go and increase their payroll yet more, how is that a bad thing?
Oh, yeah, it is in fact a bad thing when your owner of your team can't keep up. Somehow, that is now unfair. Life is unfair.

However, there is a simple solution. Join us on our side and become a Yankees fan. What a great feeling.
[Reply]
cort 04:42 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
OK, maybe. Maybe not.
Coaching is a great thing but pitching wins ball games so the Lackey concern should be a valid one as that is now a tough void.

To all the "payroll" arguments, I laugh.
The rules are simple. The Yankees abide by them. Because they choose to recklessly spend money to fill seats and somehow, it magically works, which in turn gives them more money to go and increase their payroll yet more, how is that a bad thing?
Oh, yeah, it is in fact a bad thing when your owner of your team can't keep up. Somehow, that is now unfair. Life is unfair.

However, there is a simple solution. Join us on our side and become a Yankees fan. What a great feeling.
:-):-) Interesting read.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 36
« First < 26343536
Up