Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 258 of 270
« First < 158208248256257258 259260268 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
T.G 07:07 AM 09-01-2017
Something Dom posted in another thread reminded me to mention this...

Had spot weld on a side handle break on my Pit Barrel Cooker, I dropped them a note asking if I could buy a replacement, and they said no charge and immediately shipped the new handle out. No hassles at all.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:27 AM 09-01-2017
Going to do a combination smoke/sous vide pork butt this weekend as a prelude to pulled pork sammies at a family gathering we're having.

The plan is to smoke the butt for 4-5 hours, vacuum seal then drop it in the meat jacuzzi for 18 hours.

The whole thing is based off a recipe I saw on the Anova website. I'm sure it will be a disaster, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. And it's only family ... :-)
[Reply]
OLS 10:07 AM 09-01-2017
Holy Crap, 258 pages of smoking meat on a smoking cigar website?
You guys must have produced a LOT of meat since I left.
And of course Photobucket became Photo F***it. Took all the fun out of showing off.

I am gonna do two racks of spares and a pack of chicken thighs for a little fund raiser
we are doing for TX this weekend at our music place. Hope I remember where the rub goes.
ALL MY BEST to you and y'all's!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:01 PM 09-07-2017
Nothing fancy, just a couple of leg quarters.

[Reply]
Steve 09:42 PM 09-07-2017
:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 06:35 AM 09-17-2017
Took a page out of Dom's playbook and decided to smoke a small beef roast on the pit barrel in order to do some hot roast beef sandwiches for lunch yesterday.

Was going to go with top round, but the butcher recommended a spoon roast which I later found out is nothing really more than a marketing phrase for a cut of sirloin. However, the butcher was telling me it's a juicier cut of beef, so I went with it. Not a fan of dried out roast beef.

Seasoned it with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.

It went on the pit barrel for a little more than two hours until the internal temp hit 120. Removed it and rested it foil to let it continue to cook until the temp got to 130.

Sliced it up and was really happy with the color. Piled it high on a bulike roll with some creamy horseradish, pickle and marinated red onions. Had a great smoked flavor, a nice texture, and it was very juicy.

My only real complaint about the pit barrel is the amount of fuel it uses. Nine pounds of charcoal is fine if I'm doing six racks of ribs for a few hours. But you seem to need that same nine pounds for a small, short cook like the roast I did. I'm a cheap bastage, and don't like to waste, so I threw some chicken wings on the smoker that were dusted with a dry rub to make the most of the remaining cook time.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:01 AM 09-17-2017
That's some good looking beef!
[Reply]
T.G 10:47 AM 09-17-2017
Nice looking work there Vin. I seem to recall that you once said you were "all thumbs" with BBQ, you could have fooled me with those photos.

Originally Posted by massphatness:
My only real complaint about the pit barrel is the amount of fuel it uses. Nine pounds of charcoal is fine if I'm doing six racks of ribs for a few hours. But you seem to need that same nine pounds for a small, short cook like the roast I did. I'm a cheap bastage, and don't like to waste, so I threw some chicken wings on the smoker that were dusted with a dry rub to make the most of the remaining cook time.
For shorter cooks, I've had success filling the basket half way. Make sure it goes edge to edge and is uniform depth. I've even gotten away with 1/3, by mounding it in the center, but it can get kind of unpredictable as you can get updrafts of air that will cause the fuel to burn unevenly or too fast.
[Reply]
Steve 04:12 PM 10-13-2017
Holly and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on Tuesday. Tomorrow we will be hosting a small get together with friends and family, so tonight a 20 pound brisket goes on the old Lang.

[Reply]
pnoon 07:45 PM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by Steve:
Holly and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on Tuesday. Tomorrow we will be hosting a small get together with friends and family, so tonight a 20 pound brisket goes on the old Lang.
Happy anniversary, Brother. Here's to many more.
[Reply]
Steve 08:26 PM 10-13-2017
AMEN Peter, Thanks! I cannot begin to describe the aroma...:-):-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:37 PM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Happy anniversary, Brother. Here's to many more.
[Reply]
Steve 01:53 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Steve:

Finished results

[Reply]
Dave128 02:30 PM 10-17-2017
:-):-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:40 PM 10-17-2017
[Reply]
Ubiquitous 08:03 PM 11-19-2017
I'm fixing to smoke my first turkey on the Traeger. I've done a number of them on my BGE, any recommendations?
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:19 AM 01-15-2018
I did a prime rib on the pit barrel this past Saturday.
It was about 17° outside, and that added an extra hour or so to the cook time, but it came out spectacular.
I think the lower temp helped the roast cook more evenly.
It was a perfect medium rare from top to bottom and side to side.
[Reply]
Steve 09:22 AM 01-15-2018
:-):-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:38 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
It was about 17° outside, and that added an extra hour or so to the cook time, but it came out spectacular.
I can attest to the magnificence of the prime rib....almost "sous vide like" in edge-to-edge perfection!..'twas mighty tasty!!
[Reply]
cort 12:01 PM 01-15-2018
Did you hang it or grate it? Pics?

Originally Posted by jonumberone:

[Reply]
Page 258 of 270
« First < 158208248256257258 259260268 > Last »
Up