Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Gin Thread!
qwerty1500 04:56 PM 06-13-2010
Originally Posted by qwerty1500:
Plymouth ... something about it being the only gin served at Parliament and Churchill's favorite. Going to do a little research on those two claims.
Enjoyed the research. Learned about the difference between London dry gin and Pkymouth. Found nothing to support the claim that Plymouth is the only gin served in Parliament. However, it does appear to be Churchill's favorite as well as the favorite gin of FDR, Alfred Hitchcock and Ian Flemming.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:41 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Almost picked up a bottle of NA, but figured I should wait until my bottle of Beefeater is finished.
Well, the Beefeater was kicked, so I picked up a bottle of NA. For a gin and tonic, I am very pleased. :-) The real test will come later this weekend when I make a martini with it. :-)
[Reply]
Eagle53 06:13 PM 07-06-2010
Do we have any NYC BOTLS? For some reason the Beefeater Summer Edition has only been released in select markets. The only one I know of is NYC. If someone is there and can find it/get it for me I will gladly pay for a bottle and the shipping. It is supposed to retail for 19.99 for a 750ml. Please PM me if possible
[Reply]
qwerty1500 07:54 PM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by Eagle53:
It is supposed to retail for 19.99 for a 750ml.
Wow. That is what the regular old Beefeaters goes for around here.
[Reply]
357 01:25 PM 08-27-2010
I would rank my favs in this order

1. Hendricks
2. Sapphire
3. Tanqueray Ten

Other good GnT gins: Tanqueray, Bombay, Beefeater

Yet to try NA, Goordons or Plymouth. I'll have to keep my eye open for them.
[Reply]
e-man67 01:49 PM 08-27-2010
Hendricks is the bestest!
[Reply]
yourchoice 02:24 PM 08-27-2010
Well, the Beefeater was kicked, so I picked up a bottle of NA. For a gin and tonic, I am very pleased. :-) The real test will come later this weekend when I make a martini with it. :-)
Glad this was bumped. I had the NA in a martini, and I'll put it this way...I won't hesitate to use it for a gin and tonic again. :-) I picked up a bit too much orange flavor when using it for a martini. YMMV
[Reply]
galaga 03:01 PM 08-27-2010
Glad this was bumped. I had the NA in a martini, and I'll put it this way...I won't hesitate to use it for a gin and tonic again. :-) I picked up a bit too much orange flavor when using it for a martini. YMMV
It does have a pronounced orange flavor, but I like it. I find myself going back and forth between New Amsterdam and a more traditional gin, Bombay Sapphire. Every once and awhile, mixing the two.
[Reply]
Eagle53 03:52 PM 08-27-2010
I finally got a hold of a bottle of summer edition beefeater.....its amazing.
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:18 PM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by galaga:
It does have a pronounced orange flavor, but I like it. I find myself going back and forth between New Amsterdam and a more traditional gin, Bombay Sapphire. Every once and awhile, mixing the two.
I really enjoyed the orange flavor with the gin and tonic, but not so much in the martini.

Right now enjoying a Tanqueray and tonic. :-)

Hopefully the Phils can get off the snide tonight, eh Rick? :-)
[Reply]
galaga 04:23 PM 08-27-2010
I really enjoyed the orange flavor with the gin and tonic, but not so much in the martini.

Right now enjoying a Tanqueray and tonic. :-)

Hopefully the Phils can get off the snide tonight, eh Rick? :-)
Not tonight:-)

........fiver on the series???
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:48 PM 08-27-2010
I'm always game for a little friendly wager! :-) You're on.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
galaga 05:57 PM 08-27-2010
I'm always game for a little friendly wager! :-) You're on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wohoo!:-) :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:49 AM 08-28-2010
Had some Hendricks last night. I usually do Hendricks & Tonic with a bit of lime. Absolutely fantastic.

my top 3
Hendricks
Beefeaters
Tanqueray Bombay
[Reply]
warren G. 11:28 PM 10-23-2010
I love Gin. Beside my single malt, I find myself restocking gin the most.
3 current gin I always have on me :

Cadenhead’s Old Raj Dry Gin....a real treat.

Martin Miller's London Dry Gin ...they make amazing cocktail. I wish I can find some Junipero from Anchor. They make awesome Martini. I'm also a fan of north shore gin, but they're hard to get down here. If I ever in the midwest area, I'll definitely pick up a bottle or two.

Beefeater London Dry Gin ...my everyday Gin
[Reply]
GolfNut 11:32 PM 10-23-2010
My top 3:
Tanqueray 10
Hendericks
Bombay Sapphire
[Reply]
357 08:17 AM 10-25-2010
Finally got to try the NA. Pretty good stuff, especially for the price. I do like the orange flavor. It's kind of different, but nice. Only had two drinks with it, but I have the rest of the fifth to solidify my opinion. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:08 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
Finally got to try the NA. Pretty good stuff, especially for the price. I do like the orange flavor. It's kind of different, but nice. Only had two drinks with it, but I have the rest of the fifth to solidify my opinion. :-)
I agree, Mike. The citrus finish is nice.
For the money, it's a great deal.
[Reply]
galaga 02:04 PM 10-27-2010
Ran out of Vermouth last night. First sunny day in a while here so I need a martini. Ice, gin, shaken and poured into a martini glass and then poured about a tablespoon of Macallans single malt on top. Held it up to the sun. You know, I could get used to those. Heard it was called a Silver Bullet.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:20 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by galaga:
Ran out of Vermouth last night. First sunny day in a while here so I need a martini. Ice, gin, shaken and poured into a martini glass and then poured about a tablespoon of Macallans single malt on top. Held it up to the sun. You know, I could get used to those. Heard it was called a Silver Bullet.
For an old fart, you're pretty smart!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up