Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Just when I thought I've seen it all ...
Parshooter 06:41 AM 01-06-2012
a friend lit his Fuente Anjeo in the following manner: he slid the cedar wrapper off about half way. He cut the cigar, then lit the cedar while drawing the flame through it, to the cigar. Seemed to light the cigar well enough to not have to re-light when he took the cedar off. File this under stupid cigar tricks or moment of genius :-)
[Reply]
Powers 06:54 AM 01-06-2012
I can only think of two possible issues. As long as you would be able to keep the flame from going up the cedar and burning the wrapper it would work. My only other hesitancy would be that I like to toast the foot a good bit, which that method might not do as much.

Experimenting is what makes any hobby fun so I will say that I'm gonna have to try it at least once :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:13 AM 01-06-2012
It seems to me like ritualized silliness bordering on OCD.
[Reply]
Silound 07:26 AM 01-06-2012
I've seen this too...it does work, it's just one of the more unusual ways I've seen people light cigars. Genius or crazy? I don't know.
[Reply]
shilala 07:40 AM 01-06-2012
Lots of guys use cedar sticks to light cigars, I think it's pretty ingenious.
I wouldn't do it because I'm not a big fan of lots of cedar, I even take cedar wrappers off of everything so it doesn't become overwhelming. For someone who really enjoys a lot of cedar, it really sounds pretty slick. :-)
[Reply]
Coop 07:43 AM 01-06-2012
Put some flash paper under his cedar wrapper when he isn't looking....
[Reply]
irratebass 07:56 AM 01-06-2012
I can't wrap my head around the way you described this, I need to find a video of this.
[Reply]
ktblunden 08:01 AM 01-06-2012
I've seen a video of someone doing this, don't remember where it was. The guy in the video ended up absolutely torching the crap out of his cigar. If you can manage it to where it does what you want and you're happy with it, more power to you. I'll stick to gently toasting the foot on mine.
[Reply]
Parshooter 08:03 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Coop:
Put some flash paper under his cedar wrapper when he isn't looking....
That's funny, and I do have some flash paper. But this guy has a short fuse and not much of a sense of humor, so it wouldn't go over too well.
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 08:04 AM 01-06-2012
I was there when he did it as well, and it was different to say the least. While he is constantly moving the cedar down, so it DOESN't ignite the sides of the cigar, I would be too worried about it ruining the cigar by having one spot on the side ignite. Obvously putting a burn whole in the side of the cigar is going to affect the draw.
[Reply]
Coop 08:09 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
That's funny, and I do have some flash paper. But this guy has a short fuse and not much of a sense of humor, so it wouldn't go over too well.
I hate guys that can't take a joke!!!
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:54 AM 01-06-2012
I wonder how the ribbon and tape tasted.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:08 AM 01-06-2012
Geez, talk about cedar overload. :-)
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 09:10 AM 01-06-2012
I usually pull the cedar off my boxes of Anejo's so I can keep an eye on 'em.

After the mold issues of years past, I'm still a little paranoid.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:11 AM 01-06-2012
That would make me want to do it even more :-)
[Reply]
Taki 10:34 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Coop:
I hate guys that can't take a joke!!!
:-):-) I have never seen this personally but sounds crazy and :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 10:59 AM 01-06-2012

Well i would be pissed tooo. Sticks are not cheep no matter how much they cost. Although i would like to see it on a video as long as you replace the stick
[Reply]
Macadron 11:10 AM 01-06-2012
So working at a cigar store Ive seen and heard many crazy stories but the best trick I have ever seen is the one in desperate measures. This will be helpful to alot of service men in combat. When you do not have a cutter or punch available but a cigar to enjoy the easy and most convinient smoking trick is to turn the ciar around and light the head. the foot is already evenly cut and not to much loose tobacco gets out so in desperate times itrs a nice trick to enjoy a nice cigar
[Reply]
Up