Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>What cigar hooked you?
MajorCaptSilly 07:05 PM 10-15-2008
I was a manager for Wendy's in the late 80's and the owner of the company was a cigar smoker. We played poker one night and he gave us all some cheapies which definitely did not hook me. He told us if our district made budgeted sales the next quarter, he'd send us a box of "the good stuff". Well, we made budget and he sent us some Fuente 8-5-8s. Me and another guy who were kinda rebellious decided to light up a couple during the manager's meeting. This met with quite a bit of resistance from some of the other managers but we smoked away like the rebels we were. Now I REALLY enjoyed that smoke and grabbed a couple more to enjoy later. I REALLY enjoyed those too! It's been a love affair for me and cigars since then. I can thank Bob Fox for my 20 year slide down the slope.

Next...

MCS
[Reply]
JKim 07:08 PM 10-15-2008
A Cumbres de Puriscal sampler I picked up in Costa Rica in 2006. Before then it was an occasional Zino, Macanudo, or Dunhill, but I was not drawn to the therapy a cigar can provide until this sampler.
[Reply]
Budprince 07:10 PM 10-15-2008
My first "premium cigar" was a Baccarat. . . good for a newby - sweet & mild. The Cigar that really hooked me though was a Butera. Until that point I hadn't ever had such a smooth, creamy cigar. It made me want to sample more an more, and I have to say I haven't been let down.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 07:13 PM 10-15-2008
The one cigar that pushed me down the slope kicking and screaming?

Partagas Black.

It was love at first 'puff', after many years of going tobacco free as a reformed cigarette smoker.
[Reply]
TriStar 07:13 PM 10-15-2008
My uncle handed me a flavored cigarillo when I was younger. The whole time I eyed his huge stogie, it smelled great. Well this past April, I went to Cuba on vacation and tried a Montecristo no. 2, my first real cigar. Fell in love and purchased my first humidor this past summer :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 07:15 PM 10-15-2008
The PAM64 Exclusivo.....I said "This is like smokin a Snickers bar"
[Reply]
Tio Gato 07:21 PM 10-15-2008
I had smoked a lot of crappy cigars early in life. (Parodi's)
About 15 years ago when I was visiting the parents in Florida I picked up 3 boxes of La Gloria Cubanas. They were so raw and fresh with no aging on them.
My trip down the slope started there and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:23 PM 10-15-2008
AF curly head maduros. Cheap and tasty. There was no turning back.
[Reply]
Whee 07:26 PM 10-15-2008
CAO Italia Piazza. Smoked it on my 40th birthday with three buddies in Vegas. Best cigar to date..:-)
[Reply]
acruce 07:29 PM 10-15-2008
About 2 years ago my wife and I got together for a BBQ with some friends whom we became friends with because our kids hang out. He handed me a Cohiba Habano. It's been down hill ever since. I guess I can blame the slope on my 8 year old son:-)
[Reply]
AD720 07:29 PM 10-15-2008
The first cigar to hook me (besides Macanudo Ascots, which I still enjoy) was a Perdomo Reserve Champagne. I never imagined a cigar be that smooth and rich. They are still a favorite.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:30 PM 10-15-2008
I don't know that this is the one that 'hooked' me or not, but it is the first good cigar I remember smoking.

The Arturo Fuente Double Château Sun Grown.

I remember this cigar and it's taste till this very day and that was smoked near fifteen years ago. I still enjoy one from time to time.:-)
[Reply]
jkorp 07:32 PM 10-15-2008
can't remember exactly. But I went into the BM and had the owner recommend a handful of sticks. One of those closed the deal for me.
[Reply]
kgraybill 07:49 PM 10-15-2008
PAN 64 Principe. Iwas ruined right off.
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:45 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
The first cigar to hook me (besides Macanudo Ascots, which I still enjoy) was a Perdomo Reserve Champagne. I never imagined a cigar be that smooth and rich. They are still a favorite.
:-) Same here. I took those first couple of draws and thought, "Wow if I knew these tasted this good I would've started a long time ago"
[Reply]
cigars_n_scotch 09:04 PM 10-15-2008
I can't really pinpoint a stick that "hooked" me but the first one I smoked was a Macanudo Portofino. After that I started smoking more and more frequently and everntually found other sticks. I'm still trying everything but have my fav's.
[Reply]
stevefrench 09:10 PM 10-15-2008
I had a White Owl in 1975 and never looked back.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:10 PM 10-15-2008
Went to the Tinderbox to buy a box of stogies for my wedding. Didn't know a Padron from a Cremosa. The salesman recommended a box of Fuente Cuban Coronas. Still one of my fav's to this day (mostly out of loyalty to the stick that got me started, but a fav nonetheless).
[Reply]
Dood 09:11 PM 10-15-2008
I'm like AD720, it was the Macanudo Ascot that got me hooked.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:21 PM 10-15-2008
Around 1995 I believe it was the Partagas Sabrosa:-)

[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Up