Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Disease of the Month Club
Sailkat 05:56 PM 09-29-2009
You're in our thoughts, Scott.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:57 PM 09-29-2009
I wish you better health and a recovery from your challenges, Scott.
[Reply]
Slavac 06:06 PM 09-29-2009
Glad it seems like good news!
[Reply]
cort 06:15 PM 09-29-2009
Get better quick dude. I cant function without you around here.:-)
[Reply]
bonjing 06:55 PM 09-29-2009
Seems like good news. Hope this all turns out well ! ! !
[Reply]
Wanger 07:32 PM 09-29-2009
Glad they finally figured it out Scott!

On a note here, Levodopa is simply the active ingredient. We make a product for one of our partners called Parcopa that has both Levodopa and Carbidopa in it. If that's what you're on now and it is an orally disintegrating tablet, we make it. :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:54 PM 09-29-2009
Get well quickly Scott
[Reply]
shilala 09:10 AM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Glad they finally figured it out Scott!

On a note here, Levodopa is simply the active ingredient. We make a product for one of our partners called Parcopa that has both Levodopa and Carbidopa in it. If that's what you're on now and it is an orally disintegrating tablet, we make it. :-)
That's what it is. CARB/LEVO ER TAB 25/100. Generic for Sinemet.
I imagine Parcopa is the equivalent of Sinemet, just from a different partner.
It's definately doing something. I blink now. It's driving me nuts.
The "facial masking" is what the doc noticed immediately. She said I don't blink my eyes. I never noticed. It explains why I have twenty bottles of artifical tears laying around though.
It's really strange the stuff I hadn't noticed.
Stranger yet is all the things I've started to remember that have bothered me for years that I've never gotten any answers to.
About five years ago I started complaining to my doctor that I felt like I was living in a jar of molasses and it was exhausting. I just ignored it and started napping.
Moving from the drugs I was taking for my back and all the spasm and pain combined with this new stuff is making me incredibly sick and confused, but I feel better now at 11:00 in the morning than I usually do by this time.
I have always tried to get up early and get all my work done by 2:00 in the afternoon, because after that I'm worthless unless I eat a pound of drugs.
In the last couple weeks I've cut my pain meds in half already, and have basically relied on valium to control the spasms and energy drinks to keep me from falling asleep in my soup.
Today I'm going to cut the valium in half, go to 1/4 my daily dose of narcotic goodness, and see what happens.
The new dope is a five day systemic, twice a day, then I go to three times a day.
By the time it's in my system, all the other stuff should be out.
That's my goal, anyways. :-)
If this stuff works, and it seems to be already, then I'll just have to see where I'm at and go from there.
At this point, I'm so weirded out, sick and goofed that I'm not sure if my ass is punched or bored. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 09:25 AM 09-30-2009
Just saw this thread... I hope all is well. I wish you the best. :-)
[Reply]
TBone 09:43 AM 09-30-2009
I feel your pain Scott...I see my neurosurgeon ont he 6th...hopefully he'll figure me out...take care and get well soon
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:45 AM 09-30-2009
Positive thoughts and prayers sent to you my friend. You'll be up and running soon. The Lord ain't done with you yet :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 09:49 AM 09-30-2009
Sounds like this doc may actually have a clue.
Prayers sent that this treatment works for you.
[Reply]
Steve 09:52 AM 09-30-2009
Hope ya fell better real soon. Prayers sent!
[Reply]
rrplasencia 10:03 AM 09-30-2009
seriously Scott, if you want to see the best neuro guy in FL, just lmk. you can walk right in the back door of my fathers office any day you want.
[Reply]
LeoM 10:51 AM 09-30-2009
Sounds like this might be a very good thing Scott. Take care and best wishes/prayer brother!!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:53 AM 09-30-2009
God bless you, Scott! Praying this new direction will work wonders for you. :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 10:56 AM 09-30-2009
Glad to hear you're improving, Scott. Thoughts and positive energy sent to keep you moving in the right direction.

I look forward to more hijinks and chicanery. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:56 AM 09-30-2009
We got you're back Scott....you just work on getting better
[Reply]
macpappy 10:58 AM 09-30-2009
Good luck on the new meds.
Just curious, have you've noticed any different in how the cigars taste?
[Reply]
shilala 11:18 AM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
seriously Scott, if you want to see the best neuro guy in FL, just lmk. you can walk right in the back door of my fathers office any day you want.
I know it. I love ya, brother. :-)
Thank You to everybody. I'm gonna go lay down. :-)It's cool that this stuff is working, but in my zeal, I've kind of forgotten about my back. It really doesn't seem to care about all this other stuff, and it's decided it's time for a break, even though I haven't done anything. lol
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up