Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diamond Crown maximus
Don Fernando 01:32 PM 10-15-2008
This Diamond Crown maximus 2 I got from a friend who brought it with him from the States, as Diamond Crown isn’t for sale in The Netherlands. The aroma is deep and heavy while the cigar looks good with its oily wrapper. And the band, damn, it can compete with the Opus X band, colorful with loads of details. This may be one of the better looking cigars I’ve ever seen. The predraw is light and releases some sweetness.

The cigar stars off with leather and soon some citrus which progresses to a wood flavor approximately an inch from the top. Halfway I can taste coffee and later on some chocolate.

The smoke is quite thick, the ash white and firm. The draw is fine, and I had no problems with the burn.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes.
[Reply]
Tw3nty 08:19 PM 10-15-2008
not a fan, but nice review.
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:27 PM 10-16-2008
Folks typically either really like or not like these smokes. I love the DCM 4 - Mikey C gave me a Torp last weekend that I will probably light up this weekend. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
php007 04:31 PM 10-16-2008
DC Maximus # 5 is my fav, love these in any size.
[Reply]
sikk50 10:22 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by php007:
DC Maximus # 5 is my fav, love these in any size.
:-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:14 PM 11-03-2008
I just smoked a big torp this past weekend and I thought it was an excellent cigar. Strong taste with a hint of spice. Very complex. I kept having to recut the end as it kept tarring up. I wouldn't mind having this cigar around all the time.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:21 PM 11-03-2008
I personally think these cigars are great. They are a powerhouse, but I have never been let down by one. As with most Fuente made cigars, construction is top notch. However, the DCM seems to be the most consistent as far as taste is concerned of pretty much any Fuente made cigar I've had.
[Reply]
dunng 04:16 PM 11-03-2008
I'm a big DCM fan... Thanks for the review! :-)
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 10:34 PM 11-05-2008
Nice review. Great smoke!:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 11:01 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Taboo Cigars:
Nice review. Great smoke!:-)
No kidding. Every time you have a good enough coupon for my cheap A$$ they are out of stock! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Silound 10:09 PM 11-06-2008
The new Double Belicoso size, #10 I believe, is amazing. Full bodied, but alternating spice and sweet from the sun grown wrapper through and through. I'd buy tons of them if they weren't $15+ a stick.
[Reply]
TOB9595 10:06 AM 11-07-2008
Thank you for the review. I keep wanting to try the DCM...but others take precedence when I press the button
hahahaha
Tom
[Reply]
Up