Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Robusto
spincycle 08:56 PM 11-06-2008
Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Robusto

Pre-Light / Construction: Just like other Taboo cigars in the Limited Reserve line the construction was fantastic. A few small veins showing on a smooth, deep coffee colour, oily wrapper. A pre-light draw had hints of spice. The cigar is firm and weighty, feels substantial in my hands, much like the other LRs I've smoked.

Taste: The LR Maddy has a med-full body with lots of flavour. Tastes of nuts, spice, and a slight undertone of coffee. As I worked my way though the cigar it developed a problem with the draw, but a vigorous purge seemed to fix it. The spice started to really kick in for the last third but it never got harsh. There was also a slight sweetness throughout the smoke, especially if I smoked it with small sips instead of long draws. Great nutty aftertaste.

Burn: Razor sharp. No corrections needed, even for a mildy windy evening.

Overall: Again, I'm really impressed with the construction of the Limited Reserve line. Really pretty cigars. The flavour had nice changes between nutty / chocolate and kept me mentally engaged. It lasted a good hour and a half. I enjoyed this with some Swiss brand dark chocolate, what a fantastic compliment to the flavours of a maduro. I`d highly suggest trying this pairing out, if you haven`t already. I`m looking forward to smoke the other LR Maddies in my humi!
[Reply]
Whee 09:38 PM 11-06-2008
Nice review. I like the LR Connecticut as well. The LR Havana? Eh, not so much...

But they are all extremely well constructed cigars. Rob and crew have done good on this one.
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 09:48 PM 11-06-2008
Lately I have been hearing about pairing the cigars with chocolate.
(LR Mad, Dom Mad and the Twist)
I tried this the other day with the LR Mad and the Dom mad.
I really enjoyed it. I have to go buy more chocolate! ha
I have also heard the same thing about coffee and the HSG. I don't drink coffee, so I will take everyone's word for it. I have heard about this from my locals and online. The reviews on forums are so much better than the mag reviews. It has been several years since I read a review in a mag. You guys do a great job.
Very interesting.
Thanks for the review.
Rob
[Reply]
groogs 05:27 PM 11-07-2008
Great Review, I have yet to try the Taboo LR's, but they just mde my list of must buy cigars.
[Reply]
nozero 05:31 PM 11-07-2008
I've not tried any of the Limited Reserve Taboo line since I had some samples from Rob before they were released. They were all very good as I recall, save one which was plugged.
[Reply]
Up