About Two Days, as advertised 28 70.00%
3 Days or more 10 25.00%
5 days or more 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>The USPS FRB dilly-dally poll
OLS 01:18 PM 11-11-2011
I should have thought this through better when I put out my first thread on the subject. But apparently I am
one of the only people dealing with a USPS Flat Rate Box system that is WOE-fully slow in delivering their packages.
So lets see, only two choices, I'd like to see how many people are getting ~2 day service and how many are
going 3+ like me....well 5+ like me. In the individual reply section, go ahead and let your rant flag fly.

For me, 4-6 days is getting usual. And TRACKING, haha, I could track it better with a blind coon hound.
Granted, sometimes there is a weekend involved, but I still expect packages to move on Saturday AT LEAST.
And the routing I am seeing is ridiculous. Was sending to New Jersey the other day and the box spent two
days in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Hey, I understand they are broke, but I AM DOING MY FREAKING PART.
[Reply]
massphatness 01:32 PM 11-11-2011
Two days unless I'm shipping to the left coast, then it's 3. But rarely is it more than that.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 01:33 PM 11-11-2011
I was just thinking about this with a box I sent on Wednesday. I still see no tracking and am a little worried the box got stolen. The box was gone and the flag down but no mail. Then later in the day I received mail. I guess I will give it some more time and pray to the white paper box gods that it makes it.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:38 PM 11-11-2011
I believe they advertise 2-3 days. And I rarely mail one that takes longer. I realize that the DC numbers are just that....delivery confirmation, NOT tracking.

If one is dissatisfied with USPS, just use UPS or FedEx. And hopefully the neighbor's dog won't poop on your lawn and the Home Depot clerk won't be rude.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:46 PM 11-11-2011
Almost always AT LEAST 3 days. Last one I shipped took 5 days

I went to post office 3 days ago to ship priority to my son. They ran it thru computer, said it would be Saturday delivery. Parcel post would be Monday. and they could offer me no reason for it taking 4 days!

I took it 15 miles to a UPS store around 3 pm. Package was at Jeremy's place in Va Beach mid morning on Thursday. Basically 36 hours.

Wish the UPS store was closer!!!
[Reply]
OLS 01:48 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
I was just thinking about this with a box I sent on Wednesday. I still see no tracking and am a little worried the box got stolen. The box was gone and the flag down but no mail. Then later in the day I received mail. I guess I will give it some more time and pray to the white paper box gods that it makes it.
One thing I find with USPS, when you are at your angriest, the box shows up.
Stolen off the street is one thing, but opened or confiscated by USPS is ultra-rare.
It's when you see OUT FOR DELIVERY that you need to worry about theft. They almost
ALWAYS update THAT info.
I live in a horrible neighborhood for aholes walking down the street just looking for something
to steal, and as a result I get everything shipped to work. What makes it worse is if someone
DOES ship to my house, the mailman leaves a slip of paper demanding that I go to a post office
as far as possible from work as is geographically possible, and demands I do it during what are my
work hours. So I have to take an hour or two off work just to pick up a box.
[Reply]
pektel 01:55 PM 11-11-2011
Mostly my packages arrive in 2-3 days. Unless it's to the Northeast. For some reason, NY/NJ take forever (the 5-6 days you are experiencing).

But it really seems it happens to packages traveling TO that area. I recently did a trade with a BOTL in upstate NY. His end of the trade arrived in 2 days. Mine took 6 days to get to him. Which sucked, because I thought:

a) package was lost and I'd have to send out another 5er of one of my favorite sticks, and

b) my integrity could be called into question, if someone didn't believe that I sent it when I said I did.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:58 PM 11-11-2011
Advertised is 2-3 days and that's usually what I see for most stuff. I've been shipping stuff to my parents in Hawaii priority mail and it takes about 5 days, but I guess that's understandable.

The thing I notice that does cause the package to take an extra day sometimes is if I let the mailman pick the package up as opposed to dropping it off at the post office. If I do that I see it head up from my small town's post office to Fort Worth's main sorting facility the same day. If the mailman picks it up sometimes it takes an extra day to reach the main sorting facility, thus adding a day on.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 02:26 PM 11-11-2011
Always 2 to 3 days west coast to east, north to south and the last couple of packages I had sent to me had great tracking (something new?). I ship almost 100% with USPS. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:41 PM 11-11-2011
My experience has been typical delivery happens in 2-3 working days for CONUS. The only exceptions tend to be when the person lives out in BFE on some rural route or in some very small out of the way town, in which case, usually one extra day, but I have seen it take as long as 5.

Even though it's only a DC number, and that's all I expect from it, I often see it be updated with the intermediate stops.
[Reply]
MrClean 02:44 PM 11-11-2011
I live in the middle of the country and everything I've mailed has been no more than 3 days and most of those were mailed on Friday and arrived on Monday. Now I probably haven't shipped as much as some on here but that's what I've experienced so far.
[Reply]
Drez 02:51 PM 11-11-2011
I'm with the 2 day group here. Every once in a blue moon will i get 3 days but never had anything take longer than that.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:55 PM 11-11-2011
With the rare exception 2-3 days coast to coast. Some things to remember, Leaving the package in your mailbox is not the same as dropping it at the PO. Delivery Confirmation is not Tracking. USPS is the only service that delivers to every US address, 20% of FedEx and UPS packages travel via USPS for the "last mile"
[Reply]
OLS 05:21 PM 11-11-2011
For what it's worth, I only use the kiosk at the USPS location, and nearly always before 10am. They can't
claim any reasonable excuse on those grounds.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:25 PM 11-11-2011
My experience has been that the DC slips don't generally get scanned until the package arrives at its destination when I use the kisok, Brad.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 05:29 PM 11-11-2011
Never had anything other than 2 day shipping with USPS. In fact, I once shipped on a Saturday and the package arrived on Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 07:44 PM 11-11-2011
Depends where I'm shipping to; coast to coast takes more than 2 days.
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:58 PM 11-11-2011
I've never had anything take longer than 3 days, and it's normally two. Also, the DC# seems to pretty much always get updated for me, guess I get lucky in that aspect.
[Reply]
OLS 09:48 AM 11-15-2011
So officially...IT IS just me, lol.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:52 AM 11-15-2011
Once in a while its done in 2. But most of the time for me its 3.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up