Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>A Great Place to Smoke
LasciviousXXX 01:28 PM 05-28-2011
Hey CA Fam!

I have finally, FINALLY, found a great B&M in my area to smoke. The AZ Crew, well..... we don't get together often, even though we have quite a few members in the area. Most times I'm relegated to smoking by myself at my house or occasionally at the pool of a buddy's house. Many of the B&M's near me are small and not especially inviting. I usually take my own sticks to smoke when going to a B&M (I always buy one from the shop as well though, manners and all..) so I'm not really going for their selection of cigars.

Well finally a shop has opened literally a mile away from my house. And, unlike 98% of all cigar bars in AZ, they have their liquor license!!! Yes, you heard right, you can enjoy a beer (on tap) or a nice cocktail with your smoke. I know this may be old hat to some but its a novelty to me in this state. There are barely ANY places left in AZ where you can smoke and drink and the same time, in fact I only know of 2. Anyway, they have an amazing bar with more than 15 different types of Vodka, 20 types of Scotch and 12 beers on tap. This is a cigar shop! I was in heaven the first time I stepped foot in it. In fact, here's a pic

I'm really going to have to take a pic of the bar itself as it is quite size-able for a cigar shop.

I went to the shop yesterday and pretty much spent all day there. I hadn't had a one man HERF in awhile so I thought I would play catch up

RA Lusitanos

La China Ideales

And all that was left of an H.Upmann Noella

It was a great time and I got to watch the Hockey game as well, which was icing on the cake. I just thought I'd share my good fortune with my CA Fam as I couldn't be more excited. So if anyone is in the area, I know a great place we can go smoke :-)
[Reply]
DMK 01:50 PM 05-28-2011
I'm soooo... jealous, here in the people's republik of Ontario we can't smoke indoors....:-)
Heck they won't even let us stand 'too' close to a door:-)
Great find, Enjoy !
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 02:12 PM 05-28-2011
Cigar Frogs in West Texas! A little bit of Austin in the West Texas area! Way cool!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:20 PM 05-28-2011
Yeah Darryl its getting to be like that here as well. The only places that are exempt in AZ are the B&M's or any place that makes over 50% of its revenue through the sale of tobacco.

Originally Posted by BnBTobacco:
Cigar Frogs in West Texas! A little bit of Austin in the West Texas area! Way cool!
???
:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 02:31 PM 05-28-2011
Sounds amazing!! Great find!!:-)
[Reply]
croatan 04:05 PM 05-28-2011
Glad to hear it!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:07 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:

???
I think the thread title was interpreted to be "post a great place to smoke". It is obvious your post wasn't read.
[Reply]
dyieldin 04:09 PM 05-28-2011
What? A place to call "home"? I am in PHX also. Where is this place that is close to your house, I hope close to mine?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:11 PM 05-28-2011
Looks like you found yourself a winner. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 04:11 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by DMK:
I'm soooo... jealous, here in the people's republik of Ontario we can't smoke indoors....:-)
Heck they won't even let us stand 'too' close to a door:-)
Great find, Enjoy !
:-):-)
[Reply]
justonemorestick 04:30 PM 05-28-2011
Hey XXX

I may have to get the address from you next time I am in Phoenix.
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:46 PM 05-28-2011
Nice find Týr! Remember to go home to your wife once in awhile :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:10 PM 05-28-2011
Congrats, Tyr!:-) I Have To Drive 60Mi. To Find A Cigar Bar Where I Can Smoke & Drink!
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 05:27 PM 05-28-2011
Sounds like you found an amazing place Tyr!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 05:31 PM 05-28-2011
It really is awesome guys!

Dave, I actually live in the East Valley. The shop is in Gilbert @ the north east corner of Val Vista/Williams Field. Fox Cigar Bar The website has some good pics of the bar itself as well :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:22 PM 05-28-2011
I am quite jealous. Here in the Peoples Republic of Minnesota, the Nannies have pretty much made your experience nearly impossible.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:25 PM 05-28-2011
Excellent! Sounds like the perfect place to hang out, Týr.

Enjoy!!
[Reply]
Gophernut 08:50 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I am quite jealous. Here in the Peoples Republic of Minnesota, the Nannies have pretty much made your experience nearly impossible.
Agreed, but across the river in Hudson, you can bring your own, as long as your not too crazy about it.

I had a RA Lusitanos the other day. Very nice! Glad to see you have somewhere to smoke and enjoy a nice beverage!
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:05 PM 05-28-2011
I checked out the slider images on their homepage. WOW, great find Tyr!
[Reply]
kgoings 10:10 PM 05-28-2011
I will have to meet you out there sometime. I am no good at organizing things but I would love to smoke with some AZ BOTL.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up