Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Is it just me
OLS 01:06 PM 11-11-2011
Or has the Priority Mail Flat Rate Box system we have subsidized since it's inception gone
horribly and completely wrong. I know many of you track your packages. They never gave anyone
a written promise that they would get a box to it's destination in two days, but they officially "Strive
towards that timeline". Well that $hi+ is out the window these days. I am CONSISTENTLY running 5-6 +
days on packages I am mailing. I think I am going back to First Class Mail and save the postage if they
aren't gonna make any more effort than they seem to be making now. Free Boxes, Flea Schmoxes
[Reply]
area51 01:08 PM 11-11-2011
I've never had a problem with the flat rates. It may depend on the mail system in your area.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:09 PM 11-11-2011
No issues here.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:09 PM 11-11-2011
Yeah this is happening to me as well. Also the updates on the "new layout" are piss poor at best.

I hope no one is annoyed when I ask them if they received their laptops, because I gave up trusting USPS with that.

Zero updates, packages in god knows where for 3-4 days and then they land. What's the point of tracking anymore??

/end rant
[Reply]
OLS 01:12 PM 11-11-2011
Yeah you get "Acceptance at USPS facility" for 4 days and then on the 5th day you get
15 lines of mis-routed check-ins and departures and "out for delivery" all on the same day.
And yes, it might be our postal system. I have always complained about the brain-searing
idiots in the Memphis Metro area. Stupid and SNIPPY a$$ bi+che$ to boot.

Hang on, I just had a better idea...........DAMN TOM, that was fast, did you MOVE this thread?
I put it in bombs since everyone in the thread sends FRBs.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:34 PM 11-11-2011
I did move it, it ain't a bomb, Brad. :-)

Remember...the numbers from USPS are DELIVERY CONFIRMATION...not "tracking numbers". Sometimes they are updated, but they are not intended to be tracking numbers. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 02:50 PM 11-11-2011
Priority mails is 2-3 days. There is no guarantee. Been a great service for me. Occasionally a package will take longer but that is by far the exception rather than the rule. As Tom said, Delivery Confirmation is not a tracking number. The fact that a package may be scanned at interim locations is not true tracking. I believe Express Mail has tracking available if you want to pay additional just as UPS and FedEx offer this service.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 03:06 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No issues here.
None.
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:41 PM 11-11-2011
Never had an issue with flat rate.
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:43 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Yeah you get "Acceptance at USPS facility" for 4 days and then on the 5th day you get
15 lines of mis-routed check-ins and departures and "out for delivery" all on the same day.
I get this all the time with both UPS and FedEx, and those are really supposed to be tracking numbers. Nothing at all for days, then it's here.

THATS's annoying, given the cost and the fact its NOT flat rate.
[Reply]
Mutombo 04:29 PM 11-11-2011
USPS Priority is consistently the fastest shipping for me, usually 2-3 days. If I started seeing 5-6+ day shipping I'd go back to UPS.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:30 PM 11-11-2011
Apparently it IS just you, Brad. :-) :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:57 PM 11-11-2011
Always works for me... It must be a personal problem :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ktblunden 10:24 AM 11-12-2011
I sent a bomb out on another site and the tracking on it just stopped at one point. It was returned to me 2 months later. There seems to be some dead end that packages sit at in limbo until someone finally gets around to trying to deliver or return it.

Another thing that occurred to me. A package sent Priority from the East Coast can get to me here in SoCal in exactly 2 days, and usually does so consistently. A package sent Priority from Los Angeles (60 miles south of me) gets to me in about 7 days. So apparently over short distances the USPS is completely inefficient.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 02:02 PM 11-12-2011
First class with DC is just as fast as priority for me. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:01 PM 11-12-2011
Never had problems.
[Reply]
Up