Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Finally!!
MrClean 03:23 PM 11-08-2011
So we live in a rural area south of Kansas City. We're outside city/town limits so I can go hunting behind my house :-). We don't have any neighbors right on top of us and we LOVE it out here. One draw back is no high speed internet service. It's either dial-up, satellite internet or a broadband card (which is what we currently have).

Satellite is super expensive considering the DL/UL speeds and throttling. Our Virgin Mobile hotspot is unlimited for $40 a month but they throttle you after 5Gb.

So this morning I'm getting ready for bed and I check my phone (Verizon) and I see for the first time I'm no longer on 3G, it's on 4G LTE!! :-):-)
Ran a quick speed test, 8Mb DL 8Mb UL. Pretty decent considering our distance from the nearest tower. I'm so freaking stoked about this! 5 years without high speed internet was a long time.
[Reply]
Drez 03:36 PM 11-08-2011
Congrats :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:51 PM 11-08-2011
You are in a whole new world!! Congrats.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:02 PM 11-08-2011
Sweet. Now you can surf CA even faster now!!!!
[Reply]
manny 04:04 PM 11-08-2011
Welcome to the century... :-):-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 04:58 PM 11-08-2011
Congrats. :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:31 PM 11-08-2011
4G service is AWESOME! If you don't already have it on your phone download Easy Tether. I don't know if they have it on the Android Market, but I got it from the Amazon App Store. It allows you to tether your phone to your computer without paying the $30 extra per month Verizon wants for their 4G mobile hotspot plan. The only downside is it's a tether and not a hotspot so you can only hook up one device.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:42 AM 11-09-2011
Barring the no broadband issue, I am so jealous of your rural location.

One day, I will live out in the middle of nowhere. When we move back towards the east coast, I am not even going to consider a home that is on less than 2 acres.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:18 AM 11-09-2011
Congrats...now when are you getting running water? :-) :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 05:18 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
4G service is AWESOME! If you don't already have it on your phone download Easy Tether. I don't know if they have it on the Android Market, but I got it from the Amazon App Store. It allows you to tether your phone to your computer without paying the $30 extra per month Verizon wants for their 4G mobile hotspot plan. The only downside is it's a tether and not a hotspot so you can only hook up one device.
:-) I was looking into that. I've some speculation that Verizon could 'catch' you and revoke your unlimited data plan. I'm on the grandfathered old plan. But I think if don't abuse it, I should be okay.

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Congrats...now when are you getting running water? :-) :-)
:-):-)........................................... next week
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 08:31 PM 11-09-2011
Glad to hear that, congratulations! :-)
[Reply]
Up