Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>This calls for a cigar
irratebass 03:55 AM 09-06-2012
As already stated, back deck with a cold beverage, not always alcohol either.....with a book or possibly listening to music or surfing the web via laptop......and of course the cigars are much more enjoyable with friends and conversation.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:02 AM 09-06-2012
After a long week...
Whenever I get together w/friends who enjoy a cigar... (sometimes we create an excuse to get together)
Fishing...
Camping...
[Reply]
RHerrington 07:35 AM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
This
Now that looks like a fine way to enjoy a cigar!
[Reply]
Mentallyrechartd 07:43 AM 09-06-2012
Obligatory, as Jared mentioned, is the campfire.
All of my friends smoke cigars, so generally when I'm with them, but every now and then, I'll have one solo, to collect my thoughts and pay attention to the smoke. I only smoke when I have the time to really enjoy the 5-35$ smoke that someone rolled with their hands, and that someone blended. Like Bill Paley said recently, so few things are handmade anymore. There's nothing wrong with smoking a cigar while you mow, or drive, but I like to give my sticks my fullest attention, and the respect they deserve.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:03 PM 09-06-2012
After waking up to another day above ground. Every day is a blessing.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:01 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
After waking up to another day above ground. Every day is a blessing.

:-)

That was exactly my first thought.

Oh, and I gotta ask . . . Jane Austen? Oooooo-kaaaay. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:08 PM 09-06-2012
Pretty much anytime I am outdoors not doing something pysically active demands a cigar!
I would kill to be able to watch the Skins games while smoking, need to figure that out since I can't smoke in the house.
Maybe I can run a cable to the garage and put a TV in there? Hmmm.
[Reply]
EricF 02:16 PM 09-06-2012
Being done with work and ready to leave for a 3 day herf in New Jersey!!! :-)
[Reply]
RHerrington 02:18 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
:-)

That was exactly my first thought.

Oh, and I gotta ask . . . Jane Austen? Oooooo-kaaaay. :-)
I'm going through the various "classics" right now, because I was curious what made them last through the years. So far Jane Austen's writing style is not really drawing me in - unlike others that I've finished, like A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens), Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas), and David Copperfield (Dickens again).

But, I don't know how to not finish a book once I start it, so it looks like I'll be smoking quite a few cigars before it's finished. (not that I'm complaining about that! :-) )
[Reply]
The Poet 02:28 PM 09-06-2012
Try James Fenimore Cooper and Joseph Conrad, brother. :-)
[Reply]
RHerrington 02:30 PM 09-06-2012
Try James Fenimore Cooper and Joseph Conrad, brother. :-)
Funny you mention Cooper - I was just calling my brother on his birthday last week and he's reading Last of the Mohicans. Says he absolutely can't stand the over-detail Cooper puts into the book.

I'm a glutton for punishment, maybe I'll read it anyways :-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:38 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by RHerrington:
Funny you mention Cooper - I was just calling my brother on his birthday last week and he's reading Last of the Mohicans. Says he absolutely can't stand the over-detail Cooper puts into the book.

I'm a glutton for punishment, maybe I'll read it anyways :-):-)
Then warn him to stay the hell away from Thomas Hardy and Henry James! :-)

P.S. - And don't even MENTION Proust!!!
[Reply]
OLS 02:51 PM 09-06-2012
P.S. - And don't even MENTION Proust!!!
DUH!.....:-)

I find the perfect time to smoke a cigar is when people are hollering at me for not updating my blog
for a while. It's all about the pressure for me I'm afraid. And right now its far too hot to smoke.
[Reply]
pektel 06:45 PM 09-06-2012
for me, it's when i come home from work and the gf is sound asleep with both our kids. i get all excited and hurry up to grab a smoke and a drink. as quietly as i can. then head out to the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:24 PM 09-06-2012
My favorite is camping. I don't smoke everyday,so it's a special time for sure.
[Reply]
joeobx 05:58 AM 09-07-2012
Anchored up on my boat or sitting on my buddy's dock. I also like having one on the way to work and on the way home. Pretty much anytime I can.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:24 AM 09-07-2012
Anytime, for me, is a good time for a cigar. Life's too short so why wait for a preordained time or event to lite up. Hell, I celebrate waking up each day with a cigar and coffee! :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:34 PM 09-07-2012
My happiness....the one room in my home (though still not complete) that the kids can't come into. I think my wife has begun to regret letting me build this room....she never sees me anymore.

[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 12:39 PM 09-07-2012
Whenever the sun is out, or a friend is coming over, or the kids are finally in bed, or the lawn needs to be mowed, or I've finished the week, or I've just gotten home from evening service on a Sunday evening, or I have a commute to a meeting somewhere, or...
[Reply]
cryan1980 06:32 PM 09-07-2012
Reading in the hammock
While tending my larger smoker (Meadow Creek offset)
Campfire

I have been trying to figure out a smoke that works for me while fishing, but haven't found one yet...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up