Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Carlos Torano Event in Richmond, Va
kelmac07 10:19 PM 07-22-2009
JohnnyKay5 and I spent the evening at Havanna Connections (Midlothian store) for a Carlos Torano event. Got to meet Charlie Torano, buy some great tasting sticks, and even got some fresh rolled cigars from their #7 Master Roller Felipe Sosa. JK will post something later as he won an AWESOME ONE OF A KIND prize at the event. Here are the pics for proof...

Kelmac07 & Charlie Torano

JohnnyKay5 & Charlie

Charlie signing a box for me

All the "goodies" I picked up

Charlie is a very personable and down to earth guy. Plus it helps that I am a big Torano fan...even bigger after tonight.
[Reply]
troutbreath 05:35 AM 07-23-2009
Very cool!
[Reply]
akakirby 06:08 AM 07-23-2009
awesome, nice seein you guys at baileys wish I would have been there earlier to have cigar with you guys!
[Reply]
Volt 06:23 AM 07-23-2009
Looks like a good time was had. I have only had one Carlos cigar. It was the Cameroon (1864?????), which disappointed me. I love the cameroon wrap and thias one was tasty but left a harsh cigar after taste in my mouth for a long time. I need to look at his other sticks to see what is out there.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:24 AM 07-23-2009
looked like good times.

i missed the one they had down here at emersons.
[Reply]
BigBruce 07:22 AM 07-23-2009
Looks like a great time. Not a huge torano fan myself but some are ok. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 07:44 AM 07-23-2009
that shirts really cool, im jealous :-)

looks like a great time, wish i was in VA, ida gone. there's always next time

stearns
[Reply]
imthegoal 07:54 AM 07-23-2009
I ran into Charlie at the Master's here in Augusta this year. He did seem like a quite pleasant guy.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 09:52 AM 07-23-2009
I agree with becoming an even larger Torano supporter after last night's event. Very down to earth! Not to mention everyone of the sticks i had last night tasted great!
[Reply]
stearns 10:20 AM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
JohnnyKay5 and I spent the evening at Havanna Connections (Midlothian store) for a Carlos Torano event. Got to meet Charlie Torano, buy some great tasting sticks, and even got some fresh rolled cigars from their #7 Master Roller Felipe Sosa. JK will post something later as he won an AWESOME ONE OF A KIND prize at the event. Here are the pics for proof...
explain johnny

stearns
[Reply]
loki 10:25 AM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
that shirts really cool, im jealous :-)

looks like a great time, wish i was in VA, ida gone. there's always next time

stearns
you coulda come picked me up too
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 10:27 AM 07-23-2009
The best I can explain it is as a Large, very heavy hand carved box with the Torano logo on the top, used to carry tobacco leaves from event to event in. Charlie claims there's only 10 of them made, him and his father have 2
[Reply]
stearns 11:11 AM 07-23-2009
pictures :-)

stearns
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:25 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Looks like a good time was had. I have only had one Carlos cigar. It was the Cameroon (1864?????), which disappointed me. I love the cameroon wrap and thias one was tasty but left a harsh cigar after taste in my mouth for a long time. I need to look at his other sticks to see what is out there.
Volt....I would recommend my two Torano favorites...both damn tasty.

Signature Collection
Casa Torano Maduro
[Reply]
Volt 12:52 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by JohnnyKay5:
The best I can explain it is as a Large, very heavy hand carved box with the Torano logo on the top, used to carry tobacco leaves from event to event in. Charlie claims there's only 10 of them made, him and his father have 2
:-)

[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 01:13 PM 07-23-2009

I guess your were too ignorant in chat to pay attention or to Mac's thread as I will post LATER (when it comes is) when I told everyone it would be at least 2-3 weeks before I get it. He is taking it back to Miami/Honduras so his father, the real man, Carlos can sign it.

On a lighter note, Havana Connections will have pics up in the next few days.. so be patient.
[Reply]
Volt 01:40 PM 07-23-2009
I guess your were too ignorant in chat to pay attention or to Mac's thread as I will post LATER (when it comes is) when I told everyone it would be at least 2-3 weeks before I get it. He is taking it back to Miami/Honduras so his father, the real man, Carlos can sign it.

On a lighter note, Havana Connections will have pics up in the next few days.. so be patient.
Me? Ya gotta be kidding :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 03:49 PM 07-23-2009
Me? Ya gotta be kidding :-)
I shoulda known better
[Reply]
The Poet 04:00 PM 07-23-2009
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Congrats to Johnny, and I can wait for pictures. As for Toranos, I have liked every one I've smoked - especially those 1959s Michael scarfed. Tasty sticks, to my unsophisticated palate.

[Reply]
Volt 07:35 PM 07-23-2009
I shoulda known better
Besides, it gave me a chance to play with all the cool looking icons.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up