Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Boston peoples
Neens 11:53 AM 01-07-2011
Heading up to Boston with a group for a friends birthday and was looking for some info on stanza dei sigari. Is it worth going to or is there a better place around we should check out? I'm still going to have to sell the group on the idea because some arnt smokers but I know at least a few of us will sneak away if we have to.

(I didn't put this in the herf section because I didn't think it belonged there but if a mod wants to move it fine by me.)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:01 PM 01-07-2011
stanza is nice but if you get a window seat at Cigar Masters that can be better..
[Reply]
jmsremax 12:09 PM 01-07-2011
Stanzas is good, but expensive. If you like liquor with your smokes then Stanzas is your only option.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:38 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
stanza is nice but if you get a window seat at Cigar Masters that can be better..
Is there a windows seating area a CM now? I thought the front renovation moved everyting back?
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:41 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Is there a windows seating area a CM now? I thought the front renovation moved everyting back?
haven't been there in a while..i didn't know about renovations..
[Reply]
massphatness 12:43 PM 01-07-2011
Victory in Sudbury.

Jen works there.

It's possible I could be hit with a restraining order, but it would be worth it.

Wait ... Boston, right. Stanzi is more expensive and laid back. CM has a cooler vibe IMHO, but can come across as a little snooty.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:51 PM 01-07-2011
Stanza is the only cigar bar in Boston that serves hard alcohol and you could convince the group to have cigars then go out for a dessert (vice versa) or late night treat in the North End. Heck, you could take a cab to Chinatown for cheap too.
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:04 PM 01-07-2011
The seats are pushed back a little, but you can still catch some eye candy strolling by.

Btw, Shaq has a locker at Stanzas....it would be awesome to be catch him in there.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:20 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
The seats are pushed back a little, but you can still catch some eye candy strolling by.

Btw, Shaq has a locker at Stanzas....it would be awesome to be catch him in there.
If the Celtics are playing a home game, perhaps he'd show up an hour after the game? Where does Shaq live? I thought he bought something in Dover?
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:28 PM 01-07-2011
If the Celtics are playing a home game, perhaps he'd show up an hour after the game? Where does Shaq live? I thought he bought something in Dover?
Sudbury
[Reply]
Neens 01:44 PM 01-07-2011
This might be hard to answere but how over priced is it? Like if I want a bottle beer how much is it going to cost me?
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:49 PM 01-07-2011
I can't recall if they serve beer at stanzas. I've only been twice and none of us got beer either visit. I will tell you that one stick (which runs about $5-6 per stick at most B&Ms) plus 2 crown and gingers cost me $35ish.
[Reply]
spivy 01:50 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Neens:
This might be hard to answere but how over priced is it? Like if I want a bottle beer how much is it going to cost me?
Alcohol is pretty in line with bar prices. Cigar prices are quite high.
[Reply]
Neens 02:00 PM 01-07-2011
So a $10 stick everywhere else is what $15?
[Reply]
spivy 02:04 PM 01-07-2011
padron 64s are in the 20 range. Opus X is 75

But I have not bought a cigar there...ever
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:07 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Neens:
So a $10 stick everywhere else is what $15?
I'd say they are double what most B&Ms charge.
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 02:13 PM 01-07-2011
If you go bring your own and just pay the cutting fee.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:07 PM 01-07-2011
Booze at Stanza is regular on the high side. I never bought a cigar there. Can't recall if there was a cutting fee. In this climate, who care if there's cutting fee? Seems like a rare event to just smoke in a public setting in this day and age.
[Reply]
massphatness 05:42 AM 01-08-2011
The few times I've been, the bar bill has been sufficient to have them waive the cutting fee.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up