Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Insurance question / so pissed
Goldie 09:54 PM 07-16-2011
Last week the wife and I closed on our first house. Fast forward a week to yesterday and when I get home from work one of the windows in the back of the house was busted out and every electronic in the house was gone. Welcome to the neighborhood.

I have a question for anyone in the insurance business, if someone would be so kind as to offer their knowledge. I just had a general question regarding our insurance as this is a question my agent was not able to answer.

If someone could offer some guidance and knowledge, shoot me a PM please. I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Drew
[Reply]
Mattso3000 10:06 PM 07-16-2011
You should have homeowners insurance set up to qualify for the loan...so it should just be a matter of what the deductible is set at and the rest should be covered?? My brother in law is an insurance guy, I can ask him if no one else has an answer...this just sucks, tho.
[Reply]
Ogre 10:09 PM 07-16-2011
Sorry about this situation. Wish I could help with your question.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:44 PM 07-16-2011
Our homeowners will be taking care of the loss, that thankfully isn't in question. It's a different matter. But thank you all the same gents, and it does indeed suck. It isn't the first time we have been robbed though, so it's definitely easier the second time around.

The silver lining is that we got to go to Best Buy today and replace the big items, now we just have to wait for the adjuster to call on Monday to actually start the claim.
[Reply]
chachee52 04:18 AM 07-17-2011
I had a co-worker that switched insurance companies for his home, got robbed within the week and the insurance company dropped them. They did pay for most things but it is the wording in the contract. Hopefully this isn't happening to you!! He had a terrible time trying to set something up ASAP to cover the house.
Either way, good luck and hopefully you can get on with you life now.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:03 AM 07-17-2011
Damn brother this really stinks. Hope everyone works out for you.
[Reply]
OLS 08:07 AM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by Goldie:
The silver lining is that we got to go to Best Buy today and replace the big items,
now we just have to wait for the adjuster to call on Monday to actually start the claim.
Do yourself a favor, don't put your "big stuff" boxes out in the street whole for the garbage man.
Break it up and stealth toss it. No reason to advertise that you are back in business.
And stop by the pound and get a dog.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:39 AM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Do yourself a favor, don't put your "big stuff" boxes out in the street whole for the garbage man.
Break it up and stealth toss it. No reason to advertise that you are back in business.
This is what I do. Anytime we buy a new big electronic I always break the boxes down and bag it for the garbage can. Sorry to hear of your situation. Nothing like a nice warm welcome. If at all possible if your the security system type, always get that up and running before moving int as I am sure you were probably being watched when you moved in.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:06 AM 07-17-2011
Sorry to hear Drew.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 09:26 AM 07-17-2011
Sorry about your robbery. My wife is in the insurance biz. She said if your agent can't answer your question you or your agent should call the insurance company and talk to someone in underwriting. Good luck.
[Reply]
cobra03 12:31 PM 07-17-2011
Sorry to hear that your house was burglarized. That sucks. hopefully they can catch the scum bags.They deserve a swift kick in the junk. :-) My dad has been in the insurance business for the last 20 years i can ask him if you have any questions shoot me a pm. I always defer my insurance questions to him.
[Reply]
forgop 01:08 PM 07-17-2011
I just had a general question regarding our insurance as this is a question my agent was not able to answer.
If you have an agent that can't answer your question or get you an answer within a reasonable time, me thinks you need another agent. :-)
[Reply]
Goldie 02:18 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
If you have an agent that can't answer your question or get you an answer within a reasonable time, me thinks you need another agent. :-)
I don't disagree with this mindset Duane, but my question was rather off the wall to be honest. I'll talk to him on Monday and see what he found out. I also think I will send a PM to someone here.

And when we get all the new stuff delivered (after our security system gets installed on Thursday) I will likely just keep the boxes down in the basement.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:20 PM 07-17-2011
I think blueface is the resident claims expert. Shoot him a pm.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:25 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Also make a stop by the gun shop.

My neighbors routinely see quite many gun cases being taken into the house, hell they've been shooting with us. There are no robberies in the area.

When I lived at an apartment we hung loaded AK's and AR's on the wall with a few shotguns for good measure. Answered the door with a 1911 on the hip. No problems at all, quite a few car break ins in the complex but never near my area.

If they know you have guns.....they'll rob someone else.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:28 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Also make a stop by the gun shop.

My neighbors routinely see quite many gun cases being taken into the house, hell they've been shooting with us. There are no robberies in the area.

When I lived at an apartment we hung loaded AK's and AR's on the wall with a few shotguns for good measure. Answered the door with a 1911 on the hip. No problems at all, quite a few car break ins in the complex but never near my area.

If they know you have guns.....they'll rob someone else.
Not around here, If they see you leave, they'll just go rob you of your guns. :-)
[Reply]
area51 03:54 PM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Not around here, If they see you leave, they'll just go rob you of your guns. :-)
this
[Reply]
Goldie 07:39 PM 07-17-2011
I'm very fortunate that they did not steal my handgun, as they stole my external harddrive right off the top of my gun safe. The first thing I thought when I saw the window busted out was I hope my dog is ok and I hope to god they did not steal my gun.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:43 PM 07-17-2011
Sorry to hear this Drew. Hopefully karma catches up to them..

I hate, hate, hate thieves as well.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:44 PM 07-17-2011
I'm very fortunate that they did not steal my handgun, as they stole my external harddrive right off the top of my gun safe. The first thing I thought when I saw the window busted out was I hope my dog is ok and I hope to god they did not steal my gun.
On my shadow window next to the front door next to the ADT decal is another sticker I printed up.Image
This is NOT my house but the decal looks exactly the same.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up