Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 176 of 199
« First < 76126166174175176 177178186 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
big a 06:08 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Lucked into the new ECBP at a store I hit every couple of months (that's going to change, lol).

13 years 7 months age at 133 proof. Should be right up my alley.
Nice, don’t recall seeing any that old before. I can’t get into ECBP myself.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:48 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by big a:
Nice, don’t recall seeing any that old before. I can’t get into ECBP myself.
I believe it's the oldest barrel proof they've released, Andrew. Myself, I'm a big fan of ECBP, I've hoarded my favorites (B520, C919 and a private barrel that's 137 proof.

Do you like other high proof whiskeys?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 PM 09-27-2023
I finally "got a guy" at my local Binny's. Called me up and put aside an EH Taylor Barrel Proof for me. I've seen them on secondary and forget about paying those prices, but at retail, I'm a happy (and lucky) camper.

Also received another bottle t8ke (Jay West) picked, a 9 year wheated bourbon at 115 proof. I like the last pick so I took a chance. Review to follow when I crack it.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:13 AM 09-28-2023
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Where are you in MI? I am on the east side and cannot wait for it to drop either. Seems like we are usually a few months behind after release unfortunately.
Downriver. The couple store owners I’ve talked to about it both mentioned it’s the states distribution process. Takes them a while to approve new skus.
[Reply]
stearns 06:51 AM 09-28-2023
Also received another bottle t8ke (Jay West) picked, a 9 year wheated bourbon at 115 proof. I like the last pick so I took a chance. Review to follow when I crack it.
Highly recommend grabbing a drink with Jay when he's in town if you can, super cool guy that knows more about spirits than just about anybody else :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:42 AM 09-28-2023
Cracked the C923. Love the palate...flavors and mouthfeel are dynamite. The finish I'm not as crazy about, I am hoping it improves with a little air and time.

So far it does not crack my Top 3 of ECBP batches.

Ben, I'll try and make that happen. Question is, why would he want to drink with me? :-)

[Reply]
stearns 08:54 AM 09-28-2023
Ben, I'll try and make that happen. Question is, why would he want to drink with me? :-)

I'm positive he'd want to drink with you :-)

We're in a few of the same groups so I talk to him fairly regularly, he's great with suggestions for literally any wine or spirit. He was in Denver a couple months ago so I met up with him and a few other guys, he gets tired of people from the industry so when he travels he usually just meets up with whoever is around
[Reply]
icehog3 09:01 AM 09-28-2023
Awesome Ben! :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:00 AM 09-28-2023
I finally "got a guy" at my local Binny's. Called me up and put aside an EH Taylor Barrel Proof for me. I've seen them on secondary and forget about paying those prices, but at retail, I'm a happy (and lucky) camper.

One of the few that continues to elude me. EHTBP should be hitting around here soon.
[Reply]
big a 07:17 PM 09-28-2023
I believe it's the oldest barrel proof they've released, Andrew. Myself, I'm a big fan of ECBP, I've hoarded my favorites (B520, C919 and a private barrel that's 137 proof.

Do you like other high proof whiskeys?
I do, Iv learned I’m not the biggest HH fan. More of a 4R, JDBP, old MGP fan.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:41 AM 09-29-2023
I do, Iv learned I’m not the biggest HH fan. More of a 4R, JDBP, old MGP fan.
I'm not much of a 4R guy, but I love the JDBP and some aged MGP. :-)

Had a little Booker's Granny's last night. Like spicy peanut brittle smothered in peanut butter. :-):-)

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:04 AM 09-29-2023
I grabbed another ECBP B523 today. It's not often I find ECBP so I figured why not.
[Reply]
big a 07:07 PM 09-29-2023
Been too long since I posted a picture lol. Anyway got a Gurkha double maduro going with some backbone group pick tonight coming in at 138*.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:39 AM 09-30-2023
Been too long since I posted a picture lol. Anyway got a Gurkha double maduro going with some backbone group pick tonight coming in at 138*.
And you still haven't! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:14 PM 09-30-2023
Stopped by Total Wine on my way home from my friends cottage. They had a few Penelope bottles in stock. Grabbed the Architect, the one finished with French Oak staves. Just cracked it open and first sip, not bad. I like the MM French Oaked, so I took a shot on this one.

Also stopped by another store while I waited on my dinner. Was told by the owner that Michigan only got 300 bottles of the MM BEP. He got one and kept it. Idk, we’ll see if it pops up at other stores.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:35 AM 10-01-2023
Drove to a liquor store with a bar about 40 miles West and had a pour of Jack Daniel's Coy Hill. It was outstanding and makes me want to sample a hazmat version even more.

Picked up a couple different Four Roses picks as well, not sure if I will try to sell or trade them.
[Reply]
stearns 09:19 AM 10-02-2023
Nice finds all around! I've only tried Coy Hill once, at a bar in KY after drinking King of Kentucky and a few other serious hitters. CH was $15 and felt like the only thing I would be able to taste, it definitely wasn't shy on my palate but I couldn't really tell you how it tasted. I have a sample I need to try at some point when I'm not feeling so fried

Capped off my Red Rocks season in style last night :-)

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:40 AM 10-02-2023
Steph wanted to get me some bourbons as an early bday present so we went to Maisano's. I chose two store picks I'd previously enjoyed, along with a Penelope I've been wanting to try and the first bottle of Weller I've seen in over four years.

[Reply]
Beagleone 01:08 PM 10-02-2023
I like that Penelope a lot. The first bottle I had tasted like strawberry cream. I like that Rebel Cast Strength.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:10 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
I like that Penelope a lot. The first bottle I had tasted like strawberry cream. I like that Rebel Cast Strength.
Me too on the Penelope. :-)

Found a bottle of Larceny C923. 126.4 proof.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 199
« First < 76126166174175176 177178186 > Last »
Up