Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 199
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
OHMatt 08:59 PM 12-07-2009
Drinking some more Very Old Barton, I don't understand what the guys on straightbourbon.com see in this stuff.. I find it drinkable, but there are many other bourbons in the same price range that I like much better.

Old Fitz BIB and Ancient Ancient Age much better IMHO.
[Reply]
baldanders 12:57 AM 12-08-2009
Finishing of a bottle of Buffalo Trace I started last night.Dam good stuff!
[Reply]
pmwz 01:28 AM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by Savvy:
This thread makes me wish I was still in the states...bourbon is hard to come by in Germany.
selection at the supermarkets is slim but if you order online you have a decent selection including makers mark, knob creek, wild turkey, four roses, pappy van winkle...
[Reply]
Ken 01:54 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by OHMatt:
Drinking some more Very Old Barton, I don't understand what the guys on straightbourbon.com see in this stuff
I've grown to like this, mostly the 6yr, and plan to pickup the BIB. Definitely not great, but I you stated drinkable and cheap.

I haven't had the AAA 10yr but look to grab one soon.

Originally Posted by :
Finishing of a bottle of Buffalo Trace I started last night.Dam good stuff!
I tell you I did not like my 1st bottle, but after drinking some at a party I found myself really liking BT.
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:31 AM 12-14-2009
I got to try some Pappy 23 year old. It had a great flavor on the front end but was hot going down. Found that to be strange for a bourbon so old. Sure glad I didn't pay for it.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 10:07 PM 12-18-2009
After my brutal year at work i was gifted a 100$ gift card to a grocery store... Lets just say the Bulleit Bourbon is going down well tonight :-)

This has to be.. ( not sure if its my favorite) but the most unique bourbon i have ever had... Smooth, Yet with a killer bite... That leaves your mouth pretty quickly. I know it has to be the 2/3 Rye- 1/3 Corn they use in the mash.. but wow... Great stuff none the less, Its making me want to venture in the Rye world more than my bottle of (ri)2 that i have collecting dust because of its cost $$$ haha.

Cheers!
[Reply]
Powers 04:12 PM 12-19-2009
After reading ya'lls recommendations for some good bourbon for a good price, I picked myself up a little Christmas present!

:-)
[Reply]
Savvy 02:49 PM 12-20-2009
Picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig as well as a bottle of Woodford Reserve today. Getting back into the swing of the bourbon game.
[Reply]
Montano 03:48 PM 12-20-2009
Purchased my first ever bottle of bourbon today. A bottle of Maker's Mark. It was interesting trying to get all the wax off in order to open it. But the work was well worth it. Incredibly flavorful, and will now replace Crown Royal as my drink of choice.

I've never been much of a drinker, but am finding that I really prefer this to beer. So I will keep a close eye on this thread and use recommendations here for future purchases.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:19 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by Montano:
Purchased my first ever bottle of bourbon today. A bottle of Maker's Mark. It was interesting trying to get all the wax off in order to open it. But the work was well worth it. Incredibly flavorful, and will now replace Crown Royal as my drink of choice.

I've never been much of a drinker, but am finding that I really prefer this to beer. So I will keep a close eye on this thread and use recommendations here for future purchases.
I do not enjoy Makers the Most compared to other bourbons.. But there is a bit of Sound Truth with the makers mark name... It was made ( age, proof, everything) to revolve around one thing, To get rid of the Bitter tastes in most bourbons. So on that note, they did a wonderful job!!!

-Just keep us posted what you like about it, dislike about it, or what you would LIKE to try by flavor expectations and i am sure someone will show you the right way :-)

cheers!
[Reply]
OHMatt 06:30 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
After reading ya'lls recommendations for some good bourbon for a good price, I picked myself up a little Christmas present!

:-)
I picked up a couple of those bottle/flask combos. The 99-09 EWSB isn't as good as last years' IMHO. It is still enjoyable but a bit on the mellow side. I think you will enjoy it, but it does get better..

That being said, I am going to pour myself some more right now..
[Reply]
Montano 07:49 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
I do not enjoy Makers the Most compared to other bourbons.. But there is a bit of Sound Truth with the makers mark name... It was made ( age, proof, everything) to revolve around one thing, To get rid of the Bitter tastes in most bourbons. So on that note, they did a wonderful job!!!

-Just keep us posted what you like about it, dislike about it, or what you would LIKE to try by flavor expectations and i am sure someone will show you the right way :-)

cheers!
Well I went back to the store and picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I can't describe the initial taste, but I did like the finish. Perhaps I need a bit more to figure it out :-)
[Reply]
Savvy 07:59 PM 12-20-2009
Well I went back to the store and picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I can't describe the initial taste, but I did like the finish. Perhaps I need a bit more to figure it out :-)
Discussing Scotch in a Bourbon thread. The heresy! :-)

JW Black's a good everyday blended scotch. I'm a fan.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 12:44 AM 12-21-2009

Originally Posted by Savvy:
Discussing Scotch in a Bourbon thread. The heresy! :-)

JW Black's a good everyday blended scotch. I'm a fan.
AH!- And you Continue the Scotch Slander In Thy bourbon Topic Jordan?!
haha Yes indeed, the Red is much cheaper and to me goes down Much easier... other wise the only Scotch i enjoy is Glenlivet's Nadurra

- COMMENCE THE BOURBON! :-):-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:32 AM 12-21-2009
Purchased my first ever bottle of bourbon today. A bottle of Maker's Mark. It was interesting trying to get all the wax off in order to open it. But the work was well worth it.
There is a starter-tab that sticks out a little from just below the cap. Just pull it and then you can open it right up :-)
[Reply]
Montano 06:46 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
There is a starter-tab that sticks out a little from just below the cap. Just pull it and then you can open it right up :-)
It looked like there should have been a tab, but nothing under the wax except the twist-on cap.
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:52 AM 12-21-2009
Total Wines in West Palm yesterday still had multiple sets of Buffalo Trace Antique collection. Wish I had the money to grab some more. This is the latest in the season that I have seen all bottles still available.
[Reply]
Montano 12:14 PM 12-24-2009
For those who order online, what is the preferred website ?

And where might I locate a bottle of Wild Turkey American Honey ?
[Reply]
tuxpuff 03:07 PM 12-28-2009
A tasty Christmas gift from my girlfriend...never heard of it before...

[Reply]
Montano 03:09 PM 12-28-2009
Austin, that looks mighty tasty !
[Reply]
Page 26 of 199
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Up