Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Thermoelectric humidor strong plastic smell
keirajohnston 07:26 PM 09-17-2022
I have three thermoelectric humidors and they all smell of plastic. I have cleaned them with baking soda, air them out all the time but the smell is always there. I'm thinking it has something to do with the cooling system that emits that odor. Bad thing is all the cigars, after being there for months, start tasting like plastic. It is terrible. Living in an extreme hot place, I feel I need to keep my cigars cool but if its the case that the humidors ruin the cigars, I would have to go with tupperware, even if the house is at 80+ temperature. Does any one have any experience with these?
AdamJoshua 09:08 AM 09-18-2022
You can leave the open to air out for a couple days or stuff them with newspaper that will suck up the smell.
Wharf Rat 10:10 AM 09-19-2022
Welcome, Keira! Stop over at te New Inmate Processing Center and introduce yourself.

TE cooling elements have a hot side outside the cooler to expel the heat. I'm wondering if your coolers may be running real hard and the hot sides are heating up surrounding plastic.
Weelok 10:27 AM 09-19-2022
Vinegar wipe down. The cooling system is electric with some fans so that’s not where the smell is coming from, it’s the plastic liner internal to the cooler.
markem 08:33 AM 09-20-2022
spammers gonna spam
Up