Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Reserva Miraflors Losing Kick??
kelmac07 07:12 AM 08-01-2011
I've noticed that the last few (Belicosos/Toros/Robustos) Reserva Miraflors that I've torched have lost that "slap in the face" spice kick that they once had from the beginning. They have mellowed out a TON. Lit another one last night to confirm and the spice didn't hit me until the last third of the stick. Still a very good stick, but damn how I loved that kick in the teeth right off the bat. :-)

Anyone else experiencing this?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:18 AM 08-01-2011
I haven't had one recently to compare. How long have they been resting?
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:20 AM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I haven't had one recently to compare. How long have they been resting?
Different times...from a year (belicosos/toros) to almost two years (robustos). May be that these sticks just don't age well. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:26 AM 08-01-2011
Your palette could be changing too.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:28 AM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Your palette could be changing too.:-)
John...I thought the same thing, at first. I smoked a few of my other "go-to" sticks and they were still right on point. I still enjoy my "slap you in the face spice bombs" as much as I ever did before.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:40 AM 08-01-2011
Never smoked the Mira Flors so I was just taking a stab in the dark. I know 4 years ago the Fuente Sungrowns used to have a spice to me just from the wrapper touching my tongue. Over time I noticed that I never got that kick ever again even when I grabbed some fresh from the shop. I chalked it up to my palette changing but I do miss that spice that I used to get off of them. I just figured you may be experiencing the same thing since your boxes seem to be at significantly different stages of their life.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:10 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I've noticed that the last few (Belicosos/Toros/Robustos) Reserva Miraflors that I've torched have lost that "slap in the face" spice kick that they once had from the beginning. They have mellowed out a TON. Lit another one last night to confirm and the spice didn't hit me until the last third of the stick. Still a very good stick, but damn how I loved that kick in the teeth right off the bat. :-)

Anyone else experiencing this?
Mac, was spending some time going through some threads and came across your thread a while back. IMHO the one that I just smoked was from you and me being a newer smoker I must say it didn't contain much spice to it. I was able to easily exhale through nostrils (snorkle, I think it is sometimes called) multiple times without much burning sensation. I enjoyed the smoke quite a bit, but thought it was relatively mild. My guess is like you mentioned already, they might just lose their spice as they age. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:14 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I still enjoy my "slap you in the face spice bombs" as much as I ever did before.
Good to know, at EPIC I will slap you in the face with Image
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:22 AM 10-24-2011
Spice bomb wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_(guidance_kit)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:24 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Spice bomb wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_(guidance_kit)
:-):-):-)

Send that thing Mac's way!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:52 AM 10-25-2011
Mac... I missed this before and hadn't had one in a while. I smoked a corona yesterday and the first 1/2 inch or so was a bit muted but the rest was very tasty and hadn't seemed to change much at all.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:17 PM 10-25-2011
Have not tried the corona...interesting, thanks Brent. :-)
[Reply]
sofaman 04:25 PM 10-25-2011
Now I am going to have to torch one as soon as I get home tonight!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:27 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by sofaman:
Now I am going to have to torch one as soon as I get home tonight!!!
Scott!! What's up brother? Long time no see. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:16 AM 01-01-2016
I've rediscovered them last week, they mellowed out a little bit but not as much as you describe Mac.
[Reply]
Up