Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 789 1011 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Dark Lord Day 2010
Resipsa 03:51 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But why would someone with 21 feedback risk having their account revoked just to mess with someone?
Feedback scores are manipulated all the
time Tom, doubt it would matter that much to the person to Start a new account. Who knows that they don't already have multiple accounts. On of the reasons I stay away from eBay.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:24 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Feedback scores are manipulated all the
time Tom, doubt it would matter that much to the person to Start a new account. Who knows that they don't already have multiple accounts. On of the reasons I stay away from eBay.
I knew I should have bid $15,000, Vic!! :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 02:53 PM 04-14-2010
Received my tickets today, however have an issue. I had some unexpected scheduling conflicts and financial things pop up with our house which from the looks of things, will keep me from going to DLD. Wondering if there's anyone from KY, Indianapolis, OH, or southern MI going to DLD that could get my beer if I sent them my tickets and money? I could come pick it up when I'm near you next for work, or I'd be willing to pay for it to be shipped. Would appreciate it more than you know if someone could help. I'd also get whoever helps out a fantastic selection of cigars for their efforts.
[Reply]
Tristan 02:54 PM 04-14-2010
At first glance I thought this thread was about meeting Bruce at that burger joint :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:24 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Tristan:
At first glance I thought this thread was about meeting Bruce at that burger joint :-)
I would be happy with that too. :-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 06:57 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Received my tickets today, however have an issue. I had some unexpected scheduling conflicts and financial things pop up with our house which from the looks of things, will keep me from going to DLD. Wondering if there's anyone from KY, Indianapolis, OH, or southern MI going to DLD that could get my beer if I sent them my tickets and money? I could come pick it up when I'm near you next for work, or I'd be willing to pay for it to be shipped. Would appreciate it more than you know if someone could help. I'd also get whoever helps out a fantastic selection of cigars for their efforts.
One of the tickets I bought is for Lou2Row who lives in Ohio. He is going to meet Sledn and another brother there. Lou2Row is a member here. Try PM'ing him and see if he would do it for you. Tell him I sent you his way! :-)
[Reply]
Gonesledn 04:26 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by BengalMan:

you get anyone to pick your stuff up yet man? i am in the chicago area, not sure where your travels take you to. if needed i can do it for you, no need for cigars.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 04:27 PM 04-16-2010
tickets for my group showed up

[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:12 AM 04-20-2010
Not that I am counting or anything. But 4 more days until greatness. :-) Planning on leaving about 6am. Drunk by 10am. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:15 AM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
Not that I am counting or anything. But 4 more days until greatness. :-) Planning on leaving about 6am. Drunk by 10am. :-)
I was rolling in around 10am as well and I think Tim would be there early too.

DARK LORD!:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:41 AM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I was rolling in around 10am as well and I think Tim would be there early too.

DARK LORD!:-)
Yeah! I cannot wait to be cold, wet, and drunk!:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:44 AM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Yeah! I cannot wait to be cold, wet, and drunk!:-)
Your saying that's a new thing for you?:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Gonesledn 05:10 PM 04-20-2010
i will be there bright and early as well. plan on bringing the big ezup gazeebo in case of rain
[Reply]
ODLS1 12:09 AM 04-21-2010
I can't wait! My girlfriend and I both got off Friday through Sunday. Amazing. I hope to be drinking at 3F at 10am. I cannot wait to drink some Dark Lord. So far it is my favorite beer, and I have only had a few sips of the 2009. 15% abv this year compared to 13% last year. I just hope it's not too sweet. I am about to brew my own massive RIS about 15% abv.
[Reply]
Scimmia 08:47 AM 04-21-2010
I'm still hoping they say how many bottles we can get per ticket ahead of time. Being a cash only event, it can really make a difference.
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:53 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
I'm still hoping they say how many bottles we can get per ticket ahead of time. Being a cash only event, it can really make a difference.
It would be great to know ahead of time.

Planing on at least $150-$180. Which should get me the eight bottles (if that's the limit this year) and try a few beers and a cab ride to our hotel up the road.:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:54 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
I believe there was a post indicating 4 per ticket on the FFF message board.

Also, they said that they would have an ATM on site.

Either way, I'm figuring on starting with $200. That should last till noon.:-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:05 AM 04-21-2010
You guys are cracking me up, but in a good way. I am planning on being down there around 8am with my slicker. I think it is 4 with each ticket also but don't hold me to that. Don't forget to bring food too. Don't want to drink on an empty stomach.
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:12 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
You guys are cracking me up, but in a good way. I am planning on being down there around 8am with my slicker. I think it is 4 with each ticket also but don't hold me to that. Don't forget to bring food too. Don't want to drink on an empty stomach.
Bringing some snacks down and a case of water too.
[Reply]
Scimmia 09:34 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
I believe there was a post indicating 4 per ticket on the FFF message board.

Also, they said that they would have an ATM on site.

Either way, I'm figuring on starting with $200. That should last till noon.:-)
I figured they'd put something on Twitter or someone would say something on BA, but nothing so far (unless I missed it). I know there's an ATM, but that thing would be swamped if all of the sudden the limit was 6 per ticket. I went back to the comments on the DLD page, and someone said they called the brewery and were told 4 per ticket, but who knows.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 789 1011 >
Up