Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Salvador 250 Count Brazilian Rosewood Cigar Humidor
bruceolee 11:24 AM 12-30-2013
For Christmas this year my family decided to surprise me with this lovely humidor.

As you can see I filled it immediately (edit-I filled it after curing it first) but it's a great humidor. They even threw in a digital hygrometer for free and it's not a cheap one either and after calibrating it, it was spot on. Temp and Humidity are holding with Rh hanging at 62 - 64%. I love the look of it and have really wanted a humidor for my NC collection. Now I just need about 3 more to completely move my NC's out of the cooledor :-)

Seriously I won't be getting rid of the cooledor but it's just nice to have some in a humidor. It looks nice to me. :-)

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_PHUM-SLVDR.html
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:26 AM 12-30-2013
good looking box :-)

and smart of you to post a picture of it FILLED! :-)
[Reply]
ir13 12:15 PM 12-30-2013
Beautiful looking humidor.
[Reply]
MrClean 01:09 PM 12-30-2013
That's a good looking humi Jason!
[Reply]
bruceolee 01:40 PM 12-30-2013
What's funny is they gave me the humidor and the whole time I was obsessing on how great the digital hygrometer was. Sort of like buying a toy for the cat and all they want to do is play with the box. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:58 PM 12-30-2013
Beautiful humidor, Jason.
I love simple, classic stuff. Rosewood is gorgeous. Brazilian cherry is also one of my very favorites when it's quartersawn.
If you've never seen Brazilian rosewood burl, you'd love it.
Both woods have that deep red and it's just the right hardness that it takes tools very well.
It looks great against brass, but even more amazing against silver.
I've built a gazillion desktops and don't even own one. It never occurred to me to make a low and flat one like that, and I love it. Built from rosewood burl, it'd be insanely gorgeous.
Thanks for the inspiration, brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 04:08 PM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
Beautiful humidor, Jason.
I love simple, classic stuff. Rosewood is gorgeous. Brazilian cherry is also one of my very favorites when it's quartersawn.
If you've never seen Brazilian rosewood burl, you'd love it.
Both woods have that deep red and it's just the right hardness that it takes tools very well.
It looks great against brass, but even more amazing against silver.
I've built a gazillion desktops and don't even own one. It never occurred to me to make a low and flat one like that, and I love it. Built from rosewood burl, it'd be insanely gorgeous.
Thanks for the inspiration, brother!!! :-)
Yeah i REALLY am digging how low and flat it is. It's really an eye catcher. I know the cost of materials is a lot but you should definitely build yourself one. I'd love to see that and hell if I like it i would pay you to build me one. Build your dream humidor and show it off and I'll guarantee you'll get hundreds of requests for you to build them their own.:-)

I think we'd all love to see what your dream humidor would look like. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 04:18 PM 12-30-2013
My dream humidor is all Victorian swirlidoos and corinthian columns on the corners.
I'll have to use 8/4 cherry to get all the depth I want, and it's going to weigh about a hundred pounds. :-)
I want to stain it almost black, that deep a red, and throw about 20 layers of satin poly on it.
Open it up and a fan comes up with slots for individual cigars, 3 rows in a fan. Then storage beneath via drawers from the front. Maybe the drawers, haven't decided.
That's the desktop.
The humi I'm most interested in building is a variation on this...
I haven't decided if I want it to be cooled. I really don't want it to be, honestly.
That Siglo has a crazy amount of dead space, and I don't want that at all. I'm thinking more of a vertical armoire with cabriole legs. Fancy cabriole legs.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:21 PM 12-30-2013
Sweet Humidor
[Reply]
longknocker 04:36 PM 12-30-2013
Beautiful, Jason!:-):-)
[Reply]
Up