Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Another Alec Bradley The Burner review
TheBeard 08:27 PM 08-03-2009
I just got my The Burner in the mail today from the awesome group buy, and I've been asked to write up a little review for someone who's on the fence about buying one. So without further ado, here goes.

My first impression was that The Burner is a little smaller than I had imagined it would be. Oh well. It still looks nice on the table; it is better than having a teapot-sized butane bomb sitting next to cigars, or a giant chemistry lab sized bunsen burner spewing a tower of flame. It's stable and has some nice weight to it. It appears to be well made, and should serve for many long herfs :-)

The control knob turns smoothly. There is a slight resistance when the knob is turned to or from the complete "off" position; no "click" that I was expecting. It is very easy to hear the gas escaping at any level of "on," so leaks should not be a great concern. The starter button clicks in fairly easily and ignites the gas with a tiny spark. The flame is a simple gas flame, not a "torch" like pressurized lighters produce. Lighting my Caminao figurado was a piece of cake.

The flame is adjustable via the control knob; however, the flame doesn't seem to be reacting very much. There are definite "low," "medium," and "high" levels of the flame that can be achieved by very fine control of the knob, but the flame reaches a nice size after about 1/8 of a turn and doesn't change much past that point. Being a simple flame and not a "torch," The Burner may not be your best bet when relighting or touching up. That said, it still performs nicely and puts out a good amount of heat.

This looks like it's going to be a solid and steady burner. We'll have to wait and see its rate of butane consumption. If you'd like a nice burner to sit on your table and always be there for you, the Alec Bradley The Burner is going to be a good choice.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:31 PM 08-03-2009
Thanks for the review Rob...still on the fence as I LOVE my torch!!
[Reply]
bigloo 08:32 PM 08-03-2009
I have two of these the the flame adjustment on the one is awesone, the other is like you said, low, medium and broil. I use medium or low to light up. I used it at a herf on Saturday and 5 people fired up in like 30 seconds. It works for getting it going fast but yet, I ket a single torch on hand for touch up.
[Reply]
TheBeard 08:40 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
I have two of these the the flame adjustment on the one is awesone, the other is like you said, low, medium and broil. I use medium or low to light up. I used it at a herf on Saturday and 5 people fired up in like 30 seconds. It works for getting it going fast but yet, I ket a single torch on hand for touch up.
I'm definitely not giving up a torch; The Burner is not going to be "the last lighter you need to buy." That said, it's quite nice and I like it :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 08:48 PM 08-03-2009
There is no such thing as a last lighter/cutter. I have close to 20 of each:-) It is the secret slope no one talks about. If you have a herf, take the burner though... it shines when there are plenty cigars to be lit.

Thus sayeth BigLoo :-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 07:33 AM 08-04-2009
A general idea of the size for those interested...

[Reply]
Up