Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Just got home from seeing Dr. Death.
shilala 03:06 PM 01-20-2011
I just finished a 300 mile doctor trip. The doc suggested some needles. I asked how many, and he said there'd be six, but he'd freeze my back.
My answer was "absolutely not". Then when I couldn't get off the table cause my back hurt so bad, I had the nurse go get the little guy and his needles.
It was both gruesome and excruciating. He dug around until I talked him into the lumps, then he loaded them up with burning goo, and smashed the lumps with his thumbs. Fortunately I had the good sense to pee before we got to work.
I think he did my hip, too, but I can't remember. After the second round I was sweating and praying too hard to remember anything.

His claim was that I had big calcifications on or near my hardware that were causing my problems. He fixed one side, the other is still touch and go.
I rode all the way home with my seat heater on max, now I gotta lay around on a heating pad all night to help the goo do it's magic.
If this doesn't take, I'm gonna sign up for another go next month. Next time I'm gonna get doped up beyond recognition before I get there. :-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 03:09 PM 01-20-2011
Ow, it hurts me just to think about having that done! I hope the procedure helps out--when should you start to feel results?
[Reply]
LostAbbott 03:10 PM 01-20-2011
That other more greener leaf that some people might burn is your friend...
[Reply]
Blueface 03:15 PM 01-20-2011
I am hurting just reading this.
Yikes!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:25 PM 01-20-2011
Wow....that just sucks, Scott. Hope it all pays off for you.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:55 PM 01-20-2011
Prayers and thoughts sent! I hope you recover soon!
[Reply]
MarioF 03:59 PM 01-20-2011
Scott, it sounds like you've been through hell the last few years with your health, I pray that this treatment will give you the relief you need and that you can start your married life in good health.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:42 PM 01-20-2011
Yowzers...my back is sore from reading this as well. Sorry to hear Scott.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:53 PM 01-20-2011
Ouch, babe! I sure hope it works for ya, brother!
[Reply]
shilala 05:18 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Ow, it hurts me just to think about having that done! I hope the procedure helps out--when should you start to feel results?
Jesse, first he did the left side. When he squashed the lump, it popped like a grape and I had immediate relief. When he did the right side, he was in an awkward position and it hurt so much I couldn't be much help. I knew it was a problem as soon as he stabbed me and dug around a little. I suggested I stand up and we try again, but by that time I was pretty green and I think they were worried I'd hit my head, and he had already emptied the needle.
Now that I've been on heat for so long, that side is getting better, but real slow. He didn't get the lump squashed, so I'm not expecting much.
Once I quit being so sick to the stomach, I'll let Lisa see if she can squash it. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:17 PM 01-20-2011
My thoughts and prayers are with you Scott!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:48 PM 01-20-2011
Scott I am so sorry to hear that. That is exactly why I had my hardware removed. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you wake to more relief in the morning.
[Reply]
HK3- 06:32 AM 01-21-2011
I'm starting to think you enjoy pain Scott. :-)

Hope everything works out in the end. Make sure he doesn't inject that goo into one of your jewels and shrink it up like a prune. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 06:38 AM 01-21-2011
I thought for a minute we herfed and I forgot!

So sorry to hear the misery Scott. Hopefully it all pans out for you.
[Reply]
massphatness 06:41 AM 01-21-2011
Scott - your body kinda' sucks, my brother. It is unfathomanble to me the kind of sh!t you deal with. The fact that you keep a positive outlook is testament to you and your faith. I give you credit, my friend. You are a far stronger man than I ever will be.

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
[Reply]
JDTexan 07:01 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Scott - your body kinda' sucks, my brother. It is unfathomanble to me the kind of sh!t you deal with. The fact that you keep a positive outlook is testament to you and your faith. I give you credit, my friend. You are a far stronger man than I ever will be.

Truer words have not been spoken, I will keep you in our prayers as well.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:32 AM 01-21-2011
Is the doctor breaking up the calcifications? What is the name of procedure you had done?
[Reply]
billybarue 07:40 AM 01-21-2011
Scott,

My wife's a Stanford/Harvard trained Pain Doc. Let me know if you have any specific questions she might be able to give you a second opinion on.

Best of luck
[Reply]
shilala 07:52 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:

Thanks Vin, I love you, my brother!!! :-)

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Is the doctor breaking up the calcifications? What is the name of procedure you had done?
My Doc is a tiny little asian guy, Mose. His Engrish is pretty bad. I asked him the same question, and I asked him twice what we were putting in my back, and got generic answers.
The way it works with him is that he does stuff, and after a few more visits, if I slowly ask questions, he"ll feed me small pieces of information until I can figure out what the hell he's talking about.
The main reason I stick with him is because he's a man of great Faith, he's very humble, and excruciatingly thorough. He's spent a great amount of his own time researching and understanding my neurological condition that's apart from my back surgery that he's treating. I also trust him, without reservation.
The short answer is "yes, I think" on the calcifications, and "No clue" on the procedure.
It's a lot my fault that I don't know the details because I expressly prohibited them from telling me about it, lest it slow things down and I change my mind. :-)
I'll get all the details later.
[Reply]
shilala 07:54 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by billybarue:
Scott,

My wife's a Stanford/Harvard trained Pain Doc. Let me know if you have any specific questions she might be able to give you a second opinion on.

Best of luck
Thanks, Billy. Can you just send her up here and let her stay with us for awhile? Please? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up