Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Who has HuluPlus or Netflix?
BeerAdvocate 09:46 AM 01-15-2011
Im thinking about one or both of these, more for the tv shows than the movies.
What are your thoughts on either HuluPlus and/or Nextflix streaming?
[Reply]
liltim 10:04 AM 01-15-2011
I've never used Hulu but I have had Netflix for a few years now. They usually have a turnaround time of 2 days for their dvds and bluerays. The streaming selection is pretty good too. All of the major gaming consoles have the ability to access netflix and stream it directly to your tv.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:11 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by liltim:
I've never used Hulu but I have had Netflix for a few years now. They usually have a turnaround time of 2 days for their dvds and bluerays. The streaming selection is pretty good too. All of the major gaming consoles have the ability to access netflix and stream it directly to your tv.
:-) My Blu-Ray player, Mac, and Windows based laptop can access it as well. I am now down to the 1 DVD at a time plan. I do it mostly for the streaming and find it worthwhile.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:14 AM 01-15-2011
Netflix rocks!! Been using it for over a year now and LOVE it. :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 10:15 AM 01-15-2011
I had Hulu plus... what a waste... The commercials bugged me and it was buggy as heck on my ipad. Maybe it is better now, they cut the price, but just not worth it since it didn't even include the regular hulu catalog as part of it. That might have changed, but netflix is a better deal for me.
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:18 AM 01-15-2011
Long time Netflix customer. I have a Roku Xds and have been debating adding huluplus. Subscribed to see what people think of huluplus. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 10:21 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
Long time Netflix customer. I have a Roku Xds and have been debating adding huluplus. Subscribed to see what people think of huluplus. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
G G 10:36 AM 01-15-2011
I'll let you know in about a month as I about to buy a Roku and get both and try them out for the free month and then depending on how annoying the commercials are on hulu i'll either ditch it or keep it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:48 AM 01-15-2011
Netflix is great!
[Reply]
joeobx 11:19 AM 01-15-2011
I have a Mac Book pro, will that work for Net flix or am I better off getting something else ?
[Reply]
jimmyk26 11:30 AM 01-15-2011
I have them both and honestly I use netflix more but my wife loves all of her shows on hulu on her ipad so we will keep both. It also makes watching hulu a lot easier since we can stream right from our ps3.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:05 PM 01-15-2011
Netflix!:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:26 PM 01-15-2011
I have both and they are good for different reasons. If I had to choose i would go with Netflix based on the amount of content available. Hulu is great for new shows but it is hard to fast forward/reverse and many of the shows you find on Hulu online are not available streaming. However HuluPlus still contains more content than I would ever have time to watch.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:30 PM 01-15-2011
Netflix is definitely worth it. I don't know about for TV shows as I personally like to sit down and watch the entire season in one sitting. But they seem to get the shipping down real fast my parents go through crazy amounts of movies. In fact one just came in the mail today.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:33 PM 01-15-2011
Netflix here, love it. I have the one DVD option, and also stream a lot on my ROKU. Between Pandora, Realradio, and Netflix(and possibly MLBtv) I don't need Hulu- but now that the "c" word was mentioned, I KNOW I won't use it!
[Reply]
staminator 12:45 PM 01-15-2011
A friend of mine has Netflix and gave me access to his online account. Streaming is great. I have only very rarely had buffering issues, and it certainly is to blame on my ISP.
[Reply]
jitzy 01:31 PM 01-15-2011
I love netflix, I stream it to my mac, xbox, ps3, wii, iphone and roku player hands down one of the best things out there.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:39 PM 01-15-2011
I have Netflix and it's great with one exception -- many of the newer movies are not available for instant download, which is kind of a drag.
[Reply]
ProBe 08:49 AM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Netflix rocks!! Been using it for over a year now and LOVE it. :-)

+1:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:35 AM 01-16-2011
Netflix ftw!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up