Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cutting cigars in half?
insanebikerboy 10:01 AM 08-01-2010
Searched but haven't found an answer, has anyone cut a cigar in half and then smoked it? I haven't tried it but I was wondering about it the other day when I wanted one of my Mya churchhills but didn't have an hour and a half to smoke it. I would imagine it would change the flavor profile some but I'm curious about other's experiences/opinions.
[Reply]
JJG 10:32 AM 08-01-2010
One time a friend offered to cut his cigar in half so we could share it. I stopped him however, because I figured it would unravel. I suppose if you could keep the cigar from falling apart, it would smoke just fine.
[Reply]
Chingas 10:37 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by JJG:
One time a friend offered to cut his cigar in half so we could share it. I stopped him however, because I figured it would unravel. I suppose if you could keep the cigar from falling apart, it would smoke just fine.
I've done it. I never heard you couldn't, all tho i'm sure their are it's disadvantages, such as the strength changing, a smaller stick, possible wrapper issues and burn problems.

I'll admit I had issues with the wrapper but nothing a finger in the right place couldn't fix.

I say do it, as long as it's not your Holy Grail of sticks and see for yourself weather you enjoyed both halves of not.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:39 AM 08-01-2010
Why not just select a smaller stick?

The larger sticks are blended and rolled to be smoked as a whole.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:

:-) Yuppers.

There is a famous story from the CS days about a Lusitania being cut in half...I am sure it will surface here today. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:43 AM 08-01-2010

:-) A churchill is intended to be smoked as a churchill, not two short robustos.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:18 AM 08-01-2010
Real men cut Lusi´s in half!
[Reply]
cort 11:24 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) Yuppers.

There is a famous story from the CS days about a Lusitania being cut in half...I am sure it will surface here today. :-)
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Real men cut Lusi´s in half!
:-) Where's Andy?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:28 AM 08-01-2010
get the double happiness if you want to cut cigars in half.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 11:32 AM 08-01-2010
That is the funniest thing I have seen in a while. Yet I feel myself getting closer to the buy button on those.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:38 AM 08-01-2010
they had a 'weekend special' on those a few weeks ago, so I bought a few boxes :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:39 AM 08-01-2010
Patrick B cuts Tabacos Baes Short Fillers in half.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:44 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
they had a 'weekend special' on those a few weeks ago, so I bought a few boxes :-)
Did they actually come with the boxes? It said "bundles" so I assumed the boxes themselves were not included or I might have ordered one or two.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:48 AM 08-01-2010
don't know, had them shipped to a friend as CI doesn't ship to Europe. All I got is that 'they arrived' never asked if they were bundles or boxes. I missed the 'bundles' remark.
[Reply]
insanebikerboy 11:49 AM 08-01-2010

Well, that was what I was wondering, that makes sense. I may try it just because to see how the flavor and taste is, I really like those churchhills!
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:01 PM 08-01-2010
Which of the "four different ways" do you intend to "savor" it? :-)

I'll be watching for your review of these. :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 12:08 PM 08-01-2010
I do it with cheaper cigars, especially for 20-30 minute smokes at work. Can't afford to smoke a good PC everytime I want a quick smoke, but I do wish I had boxes of Angeles, 68's, and Boli PC's lying around. :-)

I don't give a **** if a Tabacos Baez SF Toro unravels a bit. Tastes good, fits in my time schedule, and is cheap. I win.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:42 PM 08-01-2010
don't know, had them shipped to a friend as CI doesn't ship to Europe. All I got is that 'they arrived' never asked if they were bundles or boxes. I missed the 'bundles' remark.
I enjoy some of the brands in there but what I really wanted was the box. It's funny how CI doesn't ship internationally considering their name.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:48 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Patrick B cuts Tabacos Baes Short Fillers in half.
Atleast he's not a communist. :-)
[Reply]
markem 12:51 PM 08-01-2010
Your cigars, do what you want.

I'd make sure to have some pectin on hand since you are likely to need to secure the wrapper on both halves.

Oh yeah, this won't work if you cut it length-wise. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up