Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 40 of 40
« First < 30383940
Good Eats>Sous vide
kingcobradude 02:03 PM 11-11-2019
Ok, when I first heard of sous vide, I thought it was dumb. Until around Last Christmas when I got one of the machines. I love it and use it all the time.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:44 PM 11-11-2019
Anyone successfully sous vide artichokes? I’ve tried twice and failed both times...
[Reply]
stearns 02:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
Ok, when I first heard of sous vide, I thought it was dumb. Until around Last Christmas when I got one of the machines. I love it and use it all the time.
Any favorite recipes?

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Anyone successfully sous vide artichokes? Iíve tried twice and failed both times...
I haven't done much with vegetables, but that does sound interesting. What consistency are you trying to get with them? I'd think pre-cooking for a spinach dip would be good, but for eating straight I'd think just regular roasting may be better

I've still been using my SV every week or two (pretty much every steak I cook is done in a water bath) but haven't been experimenting as much as my free time gets cut down, but I'm looking forward to playing around again when I get some more time to kill

Anybody cooking anything Sous Vide for thanksgiving dinner?
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:31 PM 11-11-2019
The last time I tried it, I trimmed 1” off the top and removed the stem on a medium choke. Added a little salt, vinegar and oil to the vacuum bag and cooked at 185* for 90 minutes. I tested one and it was not done and put it back in for another 60 minutes and they were no good.

I use my sous vide at least twice a week; I cook chicken, steak/beef, pork and shrimp all the time.

I love my sous vide. My Anova is starting to show it’s age (I can only set it with the Bluetooth app — the control panel does not work, and now the app is hit or miss) and I’m thinking of getting a new one on Black Friday...
[Reply]
T.G 04:53 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
My Anova is starting to show itís age (I can only set it with the Bluetooth app ó the control panel does not work, and now the app is hit or miss) and Iím thinking of getting a new one on Black Friday...
I don't even use my Anova that much and it's falling apart. Some of the plastic around the casing screws at the bottom of the unit crumbled away one or two runs ago. The motor howls occasionally and I'm on my second or third clamp.

Honesty, I'm not sure I would buy another Anova at this point to replace it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:48 PM 11-11-2019
I have some friends that have the newer Anova and it seems to be better built. Anyway, I still like the company and I have had mine for several years and am happy with it.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 09:14 PM 11-11-2019
I mostly do various meat. Chicken and pork being the big one. Makes for a really good pork tenderloin. Also, mashed potatoes is super easy with less mess . I think it would be great for venison, and chocolate desserts where you have to temper chocolate. I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 40
« First < 30383940
Up