Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Travel humidor recommendation needed...
T.G 08:08 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
Hey, it just occurred to me that they do make 5, 10, and 20 count herfadors.
You'd think one of these junkies might have mentioned it. :-)
Originally Posted by T.G:
There is also a 9 or 10 (depends on the vintage) fold open hand case called "The Diplomat" that holds 4 or 5 cigars on one side and 5 on the other in molded slots with a magnetic latching bar/rail.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:47 AM 10-15-2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh29VJ504nc
[Reply]
Rmufb71 01:55 PM 10-15-2015
I have a Leather case that is good to transport if your smoking them quickly, but if its going to be a few days I use a Herfador, you can usually find them with some decent stick at the Devil Site.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/...r-40-capacity/
[Reply]
badbriar 08:42 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh29VJ504nc
Now that there's funny! Good one Tom! :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:24 AM 10-20-2015
I roll each cigar with plastic wrap; keeps cigar humid for a few days easily & makes it easy to grab one cigar "on the go".

Only practical for me if I am bringing less than a dozen cigars. I don't want to spend my day rolling cigars up and then having to unroll the ones I did not smoke when I get home....
[Reply]
kydsid 10:11 AM 10-20-2015
Google aluminum camera case. Buy whatever. Get 5 finger ziplocks. Done and done. Its how ive rolled for years. No travel case can be called a humidor. You open them too much and they are too small to be stable. The case should be for protection only. Bags for humidity.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:13 AM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
You could also check with Brendon (screen name: 363), he works for an SKB case dealer and at one point was even able to get some custom artwork done. SKB cases are some of the best when it comes to polycarbonate cases and are a few levels above Pelican in terms of quality.

Agree with the above.

Contact 363. He put one together for me. i keep 5-6 fiver finger bags in there and toss in 2-3 Boveda 65% bags under the bottom foam.

This one is about 14"L x 10"W x 5"D and like i said i usually keep 5 or 6 5-finger bags in there with my lighters and cutter.
[Reply]
hawesg 01:02 AM 04-27-2016
Just picked up a halliburton case the other day. Gonna have it powder coated sometime in the next week or so. They are built like tanks, judging by the halliburton badge (which im also replacing with something custom) the one i grabbed on ebay is like 30 years old. Other than being scuffed up and a very minor dent in one of the corners might as well be new.
[Reply]
hwgoesit 08:07 AM 04-27-2016
I was gifted a medium sized xicar. I like it a lot. It holds humidity as it is a plastic case with a gasket seal. I use bags for my sticks and a bodiva pack for humidity. I tossed the foam cutout shelves they take too much space and don't offer protection from rummaging hands (singles will fall all over the place while pulling shelves out at a busy Herf).
The haliburton's are neat, but more a fashion statement IMO. A good plastic case works just fine, costs a lot less and won't get dinged up and scratched
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up